PDA

View Full Version : What do you pack in your park bag?

flamtap
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
(Please point me to existing threads if there are any)

Headed to WDW in 10 days, might as well be our first trip, it's been so long.

We have DS8, DD5, DS2. We are planning to have a backpack or two with the stuff we need in the park during the day. What do you pack in your park bag. Here's what's on my list:

Blister & regular band-aids
water bottles (I know you can get free water in the parks, but...)
park maps
itinerary printouts
snacks
snack containers
spare socks
Diapers & Wipes
Wet wipes (for hands/meals)
straws, napkins
spare camera battery in ziploc bag
extra ziploc bags
ponchos
ibuprofen
small sunscreen

It sounds like a lot but we "practiced" in Wash. DC for a day this fall and did pretty good with the above.

For the rides where we can't take a bag and won't be rider swapping, are there places to put bags in the loading area or do we need to do something else?

Thanks for the tips!

flamtap

kcmickey
01-20-2010, 10:46 PM
looks pretty good to me! we've made multiple trips with DS now and i can't think of anything major you don't have! Maybe an ink pin or two for your autograph book(s) though :thumbsup2

enjoy your trip! yay!

brettcw23
01-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Excellent list! As mentioned a pen and tablet or 2 for autographs or just to quickly write down details if need be. Perhaps some allergy meds like Benadryl just in case (bees, odd allergies, food reaction, etc.)

brettcw23
01-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Also, I had a back pack last time and I think I took it on every ride. Just shoved it between my feet. And we left lots of stuff in\with our strollers and never worried about a thing. Some attractions actually have stroller 'valets'.

Lucky1218
01-21-2010, 12:59 AM
This might be a good suggestion and guidance~~~!:cool1:

FlightlessDuck
01-21-2010, 07:06 AM
A camera, sunscreen, and maps.

Everyone carries their own cellphone.

Heck, I think we are going to skip the bag this time.

Then again, we don't have kids in diapers anymore.

glk2009
01-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Extra clothes for your youngest?

Have fun!!!

Princesspigletsmom
01-21-2010, 09:32 AM
I recommend hard candies/suckers they are sometimes life savers for a long line or just crabby kids. Also moleskin ( got a dollar store) for blisters.

monkey30
01-21-2010, 09:39 AM
just a question why would u need straws and napkins???

Zeebs
01-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Blimey that seems like a lot to me. We have two small children on our trip to WDW they were 11 months and 2.5

Our bag had

2 nappies (diapers) luckily they both fit the same size, small pack of wipes and nappy bag.
A drink (bottle of water)
bib
camera
and suncream

Anything else if needed and it wasn't could be bought or obtained from first aid with regards to meds, blisters etc.

Plus we had a stroller so actually the nappies went in the bottom of that.

So our bag was nice and light.

Kirsten

2shortpeopleruleme
01-21-2010, 12:41 PM
I think your list is great! I also brought Take and Toss sporks. The forks in the resturants are just a little too big for their little hands. I also found anti-bacterial wipes (they are packaged just like handi-wipes) and threw them in as well.

I always over pack it, but would rather carry it and not need it!!

Have a great trip!!

kohlby
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
How about a stain stick? We'll pack one because our nearly 4 year old is a mess magnet!

Our bag - 11 month old, nearly 4 year old and 6.5 year old:
*stain stick
*diapers
*wipes
*hand sanitizer
*emergency snacks for line waits in plastic snack bags so containers are small!
*water bottles
*empty plastic bags in case of a diaper blowout
*Change of clothes for baby
*Camera
*Sunscreen
*Ponchos if change of rain

flamtap
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks for all the tips!

I've been looking for moleskin at drug stores but can't find it. (been looking near band-aids) I'll try the dollar store.

The straws (& napkins) -- We always bring bendy-straws when we go out to eat. That way our youngest doesn't have to tip the cup so far when he wants a sip, which means less spilling! I guess we can find napkins anywhere but they're always handy.

I think we'll probably overload the bag the first day or two, then figure out what we really need for the rest of the week.

deva
01-21-2010, 10:30 PM
I also have DS8, DD5 and DD2. I back one ziploc with rain ponchos and keep it with 5 umbrellas in the under-stroller storage basket. For each child I have a complete change of clothes (shorts or pants, shirt, undies or diaper and socks) in a ziploc bag. They store compactly and I keep these in stroller pocket. We have a bag of dry snacks (chips, crackers, cereal bars etc), and a drink for everyone. I take 5 diapers and a travel size of baby wipes. Finally sunglasses for everyone (store kids in stroller pockets near the drink holder), sunscreen and a small hand sanitizer.

cdnmomof2
01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
bags of trail mix, pretzels, goldfish crackers & juice boxes.
My kids also like fruit roll ups or fruit bars and they barely take up any room at all - but they are sticky, so wetnaps will be required.

rskbh00
01-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Planning our first trip and I have been making a list of what to include in carry bag and looks like you have thought of everything.

ppan77
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
popcorn:: We leave in 5 days! Thanks for the list!

growinupdisney
01-22-2010, 02:04 PM
imodium - sometimes the food can upset tummy this will help!:eek: ipod, psp something for them to do while waiting! i bought a disney mini sticker book at dollar tree for my 2 year gave to her when in line she loves stickers take it back once got on ride! She would have them all over her body but who cares your in Disney plus she was sticking with the them:wizard:

jenn-n-okla
01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Like someone else said ....rain ponchos, and ziplock bags in various sizes. Pack them inside each other. Another thing we brought was a wash cloth. It worked great for getting wet should you get one that over heats.
Moleskin ...I found it at Wal-mart over by the shoes of all places.

bakalorber
01-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Don't forget a t shirt if one of your kids pukes on you. Been there, done that!

mickeymouse108
01-26-2010, 03:04 PM
hi just want to be able to find this thread latter thanks.

Evi
01-27-2010, 01:04 AM
(Please point me to existing threads if there are any)

Headed to WDW in 10 days, might as well be our first trip, it's been so long.

We have DS8, DD5, DS2. We are planning to have a backpack or two with the stuff we need in the park during the day. What do you pack in your park bag. Here's what's on my list:

Blister & regular band-aids buy blister block if you need a bandaid or moleskin you can get it at first aid blisterblock is small and works well
water bottles (I know you can get free water in the parks, but...)ok just bring one each on walk in that you can carry but I wouldn't lug em around all day you really can get water everywhere and theres fountains everywhere
park maps there free at the gates and all the shops
itinerary printouts
snacks
snack containers no no no don't make your snacks complicated make them come in there own containers that are disposable. Im as green as they come but when your at park with kids you don't want extra stuff to carry back and have to clean.
spare socks I don't know about this I don't know anyone whos ever lost a sock at the parks but thats just me.
Diapers & Wipes
Wet wipes (for hands/meals) buy small hand sanatizer foam it will weigh less then a pack of wipes its smaller and will last longer.
straws, napkinsthese r free everywhere and I dont think you should feel like you can't use them I mean I'm sure you will spend alot more then the cost of napkins and a few straws while at the parks
spare camera battery in ziploc bagstart with a new batter so you won't need a spare and maybe change it mid week.
extra ziploc bags
ponchos
ibuprofen free at first aid if you really need it.
small sunscreenbuy sunscreen in stick form.

It sounds like a lot but we "practiced" in Wash. DC for a day this fall and did pretty good with the above.

For the rides where we can't take a bag and won't be rider swapping, are there places to put bags in the loading area or do we need to do something else?

Thanks for the tips!

flamtap

wow your list is huge.. I noted some cutbacks above that might save space and let son carry light backpack one of those drawstring kind with non heavy stuff maybe the ponchos.

Derby
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
The straws (& napkins) -- We always bring bendy-straws when we go out to eat. That way our youngest doesn't have to tip the cup so far when he wants a sip, which means less spilling!

I remember reading this before we left and thinking that bringing your own straws was a silly idea.. well, after just getting back with our 22 month old, I really wish we'd brought our own! :rotfl2: It would have made our lives much easier!