PDA

View Full Version : Am I too late to book for April ?

mistymouse5001
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I don;t want a million reservations. Just a couple of good buffets and CM. I think I'm all right :confused3 How hot is May and June anyway ?

glk2009
01-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't think it's too late... I've already made my ressies for late April but have also gone back and made changes.

It's pretty handy now that it's all online... you can input the date & time you want, and if it's not available, the system will suggest alternative times close to the one you requested or suggest other restaurants that have availabilities. You can also input a range of dates if you're flexible.

Not sure how hot it is in May & June, but when we were there last April (last week), it was in the low 80s.

Good luck!

Bob P
01-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi,

It all depends on which days, times, and restaurants. No one here can tell you for sure. Just call Disney Dining with your dates and times, or book online and then you will know for sure.

As for the weather, plug your dates in here for recent weather history:
http://www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp

DisAmyK
01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't think it's too late to get reservations if you are not too picky about the time and place. I would go to the Disney site and see what you can get. You may get everything you want. I would definitely try and book ASAP. It also depends when in April. Easter week will be more difficult than other times in April.

As far as May and June weather, it does start to get hot and humid. Averages somewhere in the upper 80's to low 90's. I live in NY,so for me that is hot. For others that may not seem too hot.

deerhart
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
we find the orlando weather to be similiar to our weather at home

kymmyk13
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Today I had to cancel my trip for April 19-26, and I cancelled several ADR so keep checking.

Ashleybs
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
We went the second week in June last year. The weather was awful (and we live in GA so I know about heat). It was so hot but most of all, very humid. I have a picture of my son and I with Pluto and my mom made the comment of how beat red our faces were and how sweaty we looked. I told her that we had only been at the park for 5 mintues at that point! We're looking at going back the second week in April this year.

southcarolinagirl
01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
I just got ressies at Ohana's for the week after Easter, easier than I thought. Good luck!

mistymouse5001
01-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Today I had to cancel my trip for April 19-26, and I cancelled several ADR so keep checking.

I'm so sorry you had to cancel!

zeferjen
01-22-2010, 08:19 AM
I just booked a vacation for four weeks out, so you definitely aren't too late for April or May. I haven't been able to get the high-profile ADR's (CRT, or Cellier) but I have some pretty good meals booked. Plus, this is my dcs' first trip so they have no idea what they are missing. :laughing:

zeferjen
01-22-2010, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE=Bob P;35090119]Hi,

It all depends on which days, times, and restaurants. No one here can tell you for sure. Just call Disney Dining with your dates and times, or book online and then you will know for sure.

As for the weather, plug your dates in here for recent weather history:

Very cool tool!

PolyndianPrincessJes
01-22-2010, 09:30 AM
You may miss out on CM, but it's definitely not too late to get some good meals.

We went in late May/early June in 2008. We used a blanket occasionally during evenings on the beach (stayed at the Poly) to watch the pageant and Wishes. During the days, it was pretty warm. We're from Oklahoma, and it didn't knock us out or anything. The later the date, the warmer it got. The first couple days were very pleasant.

livie1205
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
no...i just booked a April trip and got all the ADRs I wanted and the times I wanted.I got LeCellier,ohana,crystal palace,rose and crown, chef mickey and dinner with cindy.