PDA

View Full Version : Disney Fishing Excursions

MrsDisney25
01-20-2010, 01:08 PM
My Family and I are thinking about takin a Disney Fishing Excursion. We were wondering if its really worth the money? Is it a good time? Thanks!:cheer2:

McDuck
01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
It is a VERY good time. Well worth the expense. We had 5 of us on our excursion. We did the Bay Lake / Magic Kingdom area one. Our guide was wonderful and we all had a fun and productive time.

Heidict
01-21-2010, 08:09 AM
We were wondering the same thing, glad you posted.

McDuck, how much did it cost you? Did you catch anything? How long was the trip? Were their age limits on the kids?

McDuck
01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
The morning excursion (we took the early early one--it was dark out when we met our guide) was $250 for all of us for a two-hour trip. I believe it's gone up by a few dollars now--$260 according to the website. It's a flat rate whether there is one or five going.

We were five adults...but I just checked and I don't see any age guidelines. It's co-operated by the Bass Pro Shop so you could probably call to find out if there's a minimum age. You're out in a pontoon boat so it's a very flat stable surface. Beverages and bait are provided.

We each caught at least one fish. My brother's girlfriend caught 7 as I recall. What was funny was that my husband and my dad--the fishermen of our lot--didn't catch as many as she did. It's catch and release. My mom and I don't touch fish...and the guide didn't make us. He held the fish as we pointed to it for our pictures. But if you like to touch fish, he shows you how to hold it yourself for your pictures.

Here's the official fishing excursion page: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=FishingExcusionsDetailPage

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention you also get a year's membership in B.A.S.S. and a subscription to Bass Pro magazine. My dad and my husband both got one.

pixiedancr
01-21-2010, 09:50 AM
My dh and ds had a great time when they went last year. They went on the extended fishing excursion which was 4 or 5 hours and it cost around 450. If there are only a couple of you then you actually ride in a bass boat which made my dh happy...we have a bass boat and if he is going bass fishing by gosh it better be in a bass boat. It's one of those once in lifetime things but dh said next time he wants to go somewhere else just because it would be cheaper and you can go more hours.

cdnmomof2
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
thanks for the suggestion

DisneyFed
01-22-2010, 06:33 AM
My dh and ds had a great time when they went last year. They went on the extended fishing excursion which was 4 or 5 hours and it cost around 450. If there are only a couple of you then you actually ride in a bass boat which made my dh happy...we have a bass boat and if he is going bass fishing by gosh it better be in a bass boat. It's one of those once in lifetime things but dh said next time he wants to go somewhere else just because it would be cheaper and you can go more hours.

I'm the say way about the bass boat issue:lmao::lmao:

I had a great time on the two trips I've done, but for one guy it is a little pricey...no worries for me though, I had a great time:goodvibes