PDA

View Full Version : Seats on Virgin Plane?

diddldonna
01-19-2010, 04:11 PM
I have in the past gone on virgin alantic website and reserved seats on the plane so i know we are sat together and did this months in advance.

I went on today and tried to do this but it doesn't let me do anything, it keeps saying to check the details again. I go 25 September and booked through virgin holidays, any ideas?

tashasmum
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Think you can only book them 180days before you go.

diddldonna
01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I thought i read somewhere 336 days, but might be wrong, need to find the paper work and double check.

tttessa
01-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Hiya,

you can do it from 336 days from your travel date - though sometimes if booked through a travel agency I have only been able to book from 336 days from my return date. Today the site would only let me retrieve my details if I put the flight number and the date of travel in too. Sometimes you just need your booking ref.:confused3

Tessa

igk
01-20-2010, 05:17 AM
I think it also depends on the number of available seats on the plane.
Last year when we flew to Miami we were able to select seats, then for several weeks before the departure date the option was not available, though I think we could still view them.
At online check-in 24 hours before departure we were then able to change seats again.

aoifesmom
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi

We are going on the 17/10 with VH through a travel agent. I was able to get flight details and request seats last week. Have you got your flight locator number from VH ?

Jo

diddldonna
01-22-2010, 04:10 PM
How to i get the flight locator number?

Type A Tim
01-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Ring Virgin and ask them for it. That's what I did and was able to book 336 days in advance.

Tim

diddldonna
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Found out why i couldn't get in and reserve seats after i sent an e-mail i got an e-mail from VH saying the following:

We’ve received information from Virgin Atlantic that the VS027 has been cancelled for selected dates in 2010. Due to this cancellation, you have been moved to the VS015 on the same day. We're in the process of writing to all passengers affected by the cancellation of the VS027 and you will be receiving a letter in due course.

diddldonna
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh forgot to mention they gave me a code and i got in and booked our seats their and back okay.

jharrowell
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Found out why i couldn't get in and reserve seats after i sent an e-mail i got an e-mail from VH saying the following:

We’ve received information from Virgin Atlantic that the VS027 has been cancelled for selected dates in 2010. Due to this cancellation, you have been moved to the VS015 on the same day. We're in the process of writing to all passengers affected by the cancellation of the VS027 and you will be receiving a letter in due course.

Strange, they did the same thing to me (bumped me for my return journey to the earlier flight as the later one was cancelled) but I had no trouble logging into the website and viewing my seats. In fact my logging in was how I found out I was bumped.