PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley Mailbag

Duckyiam71
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM
I know a lot of people like the Vera Bradley Hipster and Mini Hipster but has anybody use the Mailbag? I wanted to know if you can wear it across your chest. It seems to have several pockets. Thanks for any info.

strmtroopr96
01-20-2010, 01:46 AM
I'd like to know too!! :thumbsup2

minniebeth
01-20-2010, 06:39 AM
The VB is number one on my wish list! I've looked at it several times and tried it across my shoulder and is definately a bag that I would like/use.

PrinceCharmingsMom
01-20-2010, 08:07 AM
You can wear it across you like the hipster or mini hipster but mind you it is quite a bit larger than the hipster. Definately 2 of the hipsters put together maybe 2 1/2. I had a mailbag and loved the pockets but found it awkward the way it opened and how heavy it was when I had all my stuff in it so I sold it. It does have an adjustable strap and actually it was big enough that I could fit my laptop in it. I had one of the pink cupcake ones when the style first came out so I don't know if they are smaller now. Hope this helps.

blana
01-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I use the mailbag as a diaper bag. I can easily wear it as a messenger. As for pockets, I'm trying to think. There's the big one (obviously), but I can't remember if there are any along the lining on the inside of the big pocket. Then, there's one on the "front" of the bag, covered by the flap. This one is the perfect size for a pack of baby wipes. Then, a third pocket on the front of the flap, which is where I carry toys to entertain the kiddos (hot wheels, etc.) That pouch is a little bigger than the one I use for my wipes, I think. Can't comment on the size in comparison to the Hipster/mini. I was thinking when I ordered it that it was only a little bit bigger than the Hipster. Possibly thickness wise it's a bit bigger. Haven't used it as a Disney bag, yet, but that's part of the reason I got it. :)

NY Disney fan
01-20-2010, 02:42 PM
I had a mailbag and loved the pockets but found it awkward the way it opened and how heavy it was when I had all my stuff in it so I sold it.

This bag is weird to me. Its a large bag with a thin-ish strap. Its not surprising that you say it feels awkward. I can't imagine wearing this bag. It is nice though.

okeydokey
01-20-2010, 03:01 PM
You can wear it across you like the hipster or mini hipster but mind you it is quite a bit larger than the hipster. Definately 2 of the hipsters put together maybe 2 1/2. I had a mailbag and loved the pockets but found it awkward the way it opened and how heavy it was when I had all my stuff in it so I sold it. It does have an adjustable strap and actually it was big enough that I could fit my laptop in it. I had one of the pink cupcake ones when the style first came out so I don't know if they are smaller now. Hope this helps.

It's funny but on the website if you compare the measurements of the two bags, they are almost identical. I think I like that the mailbag has a zippered pocket on the outside flap. Not sure the hipster does. Would you recommend the hipster over the mailbag?

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
01-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I was just comparing VB bags today. I liked the Mailbag initially, but after I started playing with it, I wasn't sure. I agree that it's kind of awkward and maybe too wide... I do love my Hipster that I've had for a while.

My go to Disney bag is the Baggallini Messenger (http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/messenger_slingbagg_rip_stop_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=18644&productid=66044&color=Pink&sourceID=ADWPRODUCT). I LOVE this bag!

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472/124/36h/img.ebags.com/is/image/im4/18644_5_1?&op_sharpen=1&op_usm=1,1,1&qlt=60,1&hei=280&wid=280

Duckyiam71
01-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks it sounds like the mailbag maybe a little big. The sad thing is I have several bags that should be perfect for Disney but I am a bag person...I see VB and Baggalini and I want one. I might just stick with the budget and use these ones I have. But I do have 5 months to decide. Thanks for the help.

ireland_nicole
01-20-2010, 10:30 PM
I was just comparing VB bags today. I liked the Mailbag initially, but after I started playing with it, I wasn't sure. I agree that it's kind of awkward and maybe too wide... I do love my Hipster that I've had for a while.

My go to Disney bag is the Baggallini Messenger (http://www.ebags.com/baggallini/messenger_slingbagg_rip_stop_nylon/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=18644&productid=66044&color=Pink&sourceID=ADWPRODUCT). I LOVE this bag!

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472/124/36h/img.ebags.com/is/image/im4/18644_5_1?&op_sharpen=1&op_usm=1,1,1&qlt=60,1&hei=280&wid=280

I have one of these, therefore a question for you- how do you keep the strap from digging into your neck? I love the size, and everything about it except for that. I had to take it off and buy another bag last trip.

oceanrose
01-21-2010, 12:10 PM
I used one of these in WDW last May, and I loved it! I bought this, and a Hipster at the same time, but this one is by far my favorite. In the outside pocket I stored all our park maps, all our IDs and passes went into the ID area, and it was big enough to put water bottles and a first aid kit in as well! The strap is comfy, and I wore it as a messenger the whole trip.

Since then, I've left it packed and it's our zoo/museum/anything bag. I clip an All in 1 wristlet to it, which I can flip inside or leave outside.

It's not that much bigger than the hipster, but it is deeper, and with the outside flap you have more versatility. I know a lot of people don't like the flap, but personally I think it makes the bag much more secure. I could slip it over to my back and know someone couldn't get into it.

I have one in Purple Punch, and would like more! :rotfl:

princessmom29
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM

my mailbag is fairly new and almost the same as my hipster, just a little deeper. Either they changed the style, or you are thinking of the messenger. It is about the size you are describing, and also has the over the top flap. MY DH's aunt is a Vera retailer so I have quite a few thanks to a nice discount!!

blana
01-22-2010, 05:14 AM
I used one of these in WDW last May, and I loved it! I bought this, and a Hipster at the same time, but this one is by far my favorite. In the outside pocket I stored all our park maps, all our IDs and passes went into the ID area, and it was big enough to put water bottles and a first aid kit in as well! The strap is comfy, and I wore it as a messenger the whole trip.

Since then, I've left it packed and it's our zoo/museum/anything bag. I clip an All in 1 wristlet to it, which I can flip inside or leave outside.

It's not that much bigger than the hipster, but it is deeper, and with the outside flap you have more versatility. I know a lot of people don't like the flap, but personally I think it makes the bag much more secure. I could slip it over to my back and know someone couldn't get into it.

I have one in Purple Punch, and would like more! :rotfl:

I completely agree! (Except mine is in Frankly Scarlett, not Purple Punch.)

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I just bought a Hipster today. (In Raspberry Fizz, 25% off since this print is being retired.) I looked at the Mailbag again, and I found it much larger and bulkier than the Hipster. I did not like the Mailbag at all IRL, but I wanted to!

HTH.