PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Wyatt Jefferson

Lesley Mahler
01-18-2010, 09:36 PM
for a boys name? We found out the week before Christmas that we are expecting our second child!!!!!!!!!!! We tried for almost 5 years and had pretty much given up...but we were blessed with a Christmas miracle and are very excited!!! So please tell us what you think of the name if it is a boy, we are getting very different opinions from our family & friends and would love our DIS family opinions too!!!

mom2val
01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats! Love the name!

PolyndianPrincessJes
01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
I love Wyatt!! Always thought about that as a possibilty, myself.

Irish9697
01-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Love Wyatt!

My Wyatt just turned 10 last month. :) He's Wyatt Matthew, but we threw around Wyatt Geoffrey (similar to your middle) before deciding. I also have Anna Elizabeth who just turned 9 last month.

Congratulations!

edited to add: Oh my gosh! I somehow you missed you were a Lesley! I'm Lesley, too! In a world of Leslie's, it's a pretty huge coincidence to be a Lesley with a Wyatt!! :)

Hannathy
01-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Sorry I don't like it. Unless Jefferson is your maiden name I don't particularly like it with Wyatt. How many syllable is you last name?
I like the Jeffrey or Geoffrey better. I think hard sounding 2 syllable name goes better with either a 1 or 2 syllable middle name.

bumbershoot
01-19-2010, 01:30 AM
I personally am not the biggest fan of Wyatt as a name, but if you like it that's much more important.

What IS important to me is congratulations!!!!! We're hoping for a surprise like that at some point here too. Throw some of that babydust my way! :goodvibes

Lesley Mahler
01-19-2010, 09:24 AM
My husband's name is Jeffrey and we were going to do either Wyatt Jeffrey or Wyatt Geoffrey, but when we were looking up meanings, my husband saw Jefferson and it means "son of Jeff" and that is what he goes by "Jeff" and he thought the meaning of Jefferson was perfect, that is why we went w/Jefferson. But we are getting so many mixed reviews about Jefferson, that we just don't know for sure yet???

Irish9697........great to meet another Lesley!!! How coincidental is that, Lesley & Wyatt!!!

bumbershoot.....just forget that you are trying and go to Disney...if I am as far along as my doctor thinks I am, this might be a "Disney Souvenir"!!! We'll find out Monday our exact due date w/an ultrasound and then we'll be able to track the exact conception time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dumbo_buddy
01-19-2010, 09:28 AM
congrats!!!!

ncmickeyluvr
01-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Personally, I like the name....I like it even better with you having explained the meaning behind Jefferson. Cute!! However, I think that you should name your child whatever you and your husband agree on. Noone else gets a vote. I have a friend who doesn't reveal her children's names until they're born....not for religious reasons but so that she doesn't hear any opinions:rotfl2:

I think that if you decided to name your child Meatball Spagettihead - that's your decision and everyone else should keep their traps shut. I'm sure he would be the best Meatball he could be:rotfl::rotfl:

pixiewings71
01-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Love Wyatt!

My Wyatt just turned 10 last month. :) He's Wyatt Matthew, but we threw around Wyatt Geoffrey (similar to your middle) before deciding. I also have Anna Elizabeth who just turned 9 last month.

Congratulations!

edited to add: Oh my gosh! I somehow you missed you were a Lesley! I'm Lesley, too! In a world of Leslie's, it's a pretty huge coincidence to be a Lesley with a Wyatt!! :)

LOL Hi Lesley!! :) I was going to say "I know someone named Lesley with a Wyatt!" LOL How funny that you got here first. :)

My husband's name is Jeffrey and we were going to do either Wyatt Jeffrey or Wyatt Geoffrey, but when we were looking up meanings, my husband saw Jefferson and it means "son of Jeff" and that is what he goes by "Jeff" and he thought the meaning of Jefferson was perfect, that is why we went w/Jefferson. But we are getting so many mixed reviews about Jefferson, that we just don't know for sure yet???

Irish9697........great to meet another Lesley!!! How coincidental is that, Lesley & Wyatt!!!

bumbershoot.....just forget that you are trying and go to Disney...if I am as far along as my doctor thinks I am, this might be a "Disney Souvenir"!!! We'll find out Monday our exact due date w/an ultrasound and then we'll be able to track the exact conception time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Wyatt Jefferson, I think it flows very well. And I love the meaning behind it, very cool!! Congrats to you, I can't wait to meet Wyatt!! :)

mousebymarriage
01-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Congratulations! I love the name and the meaning behind it!

robinb
01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Congratulations! Sorry, I'm not a big fan of either name.

santa's surpriz
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Love the name! I do have to admit I wish I had a copy of "Wierd Science!" Sorry, when I read the post that immediately popped in my head. Congrats on yor baby boy!

MonkersMama
01-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Congratulations!

I have Wyatt Marshall. He LOVES his name because he doesn't know anyone with his name and everyone remembers him by his name. Marshall was his great-grandfather's name.