PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Decide between late Oct and Early Dec diff of a 4mo or 6mo baby Your Thoug?

Tristen79
01-18-2010, 08:52 PM
We have a soon to be 3 y/o DD and are expecting soon so we figured one more trip for the DD before the baby gets too old to move and too young to do anything?

Your thoughts everyone Which would you all reccommend?

tartemis
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Definitely 6 months. At 4 months, many babies regress in the sleeping area and often become fussing more often as they adjust to their growing awareness of their surroundings. In my experience, that fades away by 6 months.

jmartinez1895
01-18-2010, 11:32 PM
As a mom of 3 I can tell you that it was my experience that 6mo babies seem to travel better and adjust better to changes ( or at least mine did).The baby care stations are great for changing diapers, getting a little rest and heating baby food and bottels ( or nursing). Either way I hope that you have a nice trip.

disneylovin24
01-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Early October is probably the better time to go, but I think I'd rather wait and take a older baby.

Tristen79
01-19-2010, 08:08 AM
k

puffkin
01-19-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't think there is that much of a difference between 4-6 months. Actually, mine would have been slightly easier at 4 months because he was only on formula and rice cereal then, but by 6 months he was on other baby foods. Also, my son teethed like crazy right at 6 months, but was not teething at 4 months so he was a bit less cranky then.

I personally would rather take a baby in October due to the weather. It can get COLD in December or hot or anywhere in between. There can be huge temperature swings during a week. I would hate to deal with that with a baby. You have enough gear and stuff to lug with a baby to begin with, then add all the extra coats/blankets etc on top of it. I think the weather in October is much more pleasant and conducive to a baby.

Tristen79
01-19-2010, 11:17 AM
thanks for any and all feedback!:cool1:

DCbride
01-19-2010, 11:40 AM
We took DD at 5 months-so right in the middle. The thing I like about a 6mo vs 4 mo is that babies are usually sitting at 6 mo. That would help a lot. We took DD on many rides because the only requirement was that she had to be able to "sit" not lap children (this was at Universal) I remember it was also easy to keep her occupied at meals by simply handing her a hard roll to gum.

Tristen79
01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Keep em coming i may have to try the poll option because every time i get these opinions i just shoot em over to the DW and keep flip flopping her mind haha

Camno's Mama
01-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't think that there is a huge difference between the two. I always liked that "just before six months" stage because they are getting easier overall, but aren't eating solid food yet. It's easier just to nurse or bring the formula than it is to bring or find all of the pureed foods that are introduced at six months.

So, if I was going to go based on the baby's age, probably four months. But if it were me, since there isn't a huge difference, I would just weigh the other factors (crowd levels, heat, etc) and go when it's best for you!

Camno's Mama
01-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Ha! I just realized that you are the same one that asked the stroller/carseat question. Can you tell I've been on the computer too much today? :rotfl:

loveysbydesign
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Took ours when he was exactly 5 months and it was a breeze! He was bf and therefore didn't really need any other food while on our trip, although we did give him a little bit if other food here and there. He loved riding in the stroller, going on the rides and I also made a Disney wrap and wore him if he got cranky. If you had asked me a few years before hand if I would have taken a baby to WDW I would have said "no way!" But my little guy was easy peasy....on the plane I had several people comment to me that they didn't even know I had a baby with me! He simply nursed and slept! There are pros and cons to taking them at 4 or 6 months but it also depends upon your baby's own individual development. The only thing I wished was that he was a little older so he could sit up better by himself. If you haven any other questions please feel free to ask!

Tristen79
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I really think I am getting addicted to this posting! Makes ya feel that much closer to going back to Disney already and geesh all these Mousejunkies in one place!