PDA

View Full Version : which airline has the best free entertainment?

Jareds_mommy
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
we are coming from canada and I have been checking out prices they all are the same and I have heard good and bad about all of them for delays ect
so I figured with 9 hours of flying time I would look at the entertainment
our only options are
Delta
United
US airways
Continental
Northwest

we normally frly westjet or aircanada and they have free on demand in the seat backs but they are both about $500 more then the US carriers
I looked at some of the airlines websites and some of them had that but there was no mention if there was a fee if so how much
Thanks

Shleedogg
01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
I haven't flown any of those airlines in years (will be in March), but if you stop and pick up jetblue in the states, they have great entertainment. Free tv in every seat! I LOVE jetblue! Unfortunately their schedule and price didn't meet our needs for our next trip.

Maggie'sMom
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I haven't flown on any of the carriers you've listed on a long enough flight to worry about entertainment in years. But for our trips to WDW we usually fly SW which provides no entertainment and I bring a portable DVD player with a bunch of movies and an MP3 player. For a $500 savings, I wouldn't worry about what the airline provides and just bring your own.

Jareds_mommy
01-18-2010, 10:33 AM
from Canada right now we are not allowed to
we may bring a small purse and a small item for the kids like a coloring book or hand held game
no back packs
and laptops are hit or miss
Like I said all of them are the same price they all will save $500 so I am looking for the best of them

lost*in*cyberspace
01-18-2010, 12:35 PM
You should not double post - you already asked this on the Transportation Board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2375046

Jareds_mommy
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
sorry i posted it here then realized there was a transportation board
I spend most of my time here I guess I need to venture out more:sad2:

Maggie'sMom
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
from Canada right now we are not allowed to
we may bring a small purse and a small item for the kids like a coloring book or hand held game
no back packs
and laptops are hit or miss
Like I said all of them are the same price they all will save $500 so I am looking for the best of them

That's too bad. I hadn't heard of those restrictions. Of course, I haven't been looking to fly to Canada this winter either. :)

KateMW
01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
You should not double post - you already asked this on the Transportation Board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2375046

Is she not allowed to get two sets of opinions? :confused3

KateMW
01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm not sure about inflight entertainment, but US Airways has NEGATIVE legroom on their planes that fly to and from Canada IME. It was HORRIBLE. We had to hold on to the seat in front and scoot out each way. Grrr. I'll never try and save a couple of hundred on an international flight again. I almost cried!

Jareds_mommy
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure about inflight entertainment, but US Airways has NEGATIVE legroom on their planes that fly to and from Canada IME. It was HORRIBLE. We had to hold on to the seat in front and scoot out each way. Grrr. I'll never try and save a couple of hundred on an international flight again. I almost cried!

that is good to know
DH is over 6 foot and the first time we took a charter his legs didn't fit so he was bruised for a few days I will cross them off

The restrictions came from that thing on Christmas day
They interveiwed people coming back from the US and they said the restirctions were not like that there and were not sure why it was like that here to go
My SIL has a larger coach purse not a huge huge (not a loose a small child size) but Paris Hilton size and she called from the airport a few days ago to come get her purse they said it was too big and they said she could leave it or not fly so I had to lend her a smaller one and pick up that one
She said people with babies and diaper bags looked to be fine
They were flying to Vegas
If were to fly over the US and not land It is fine too
They were showing on the news a girl was told to leave her laptop and when her dad showed up to get it, it was gone
yet she saw people on the plane with them
They said it was the discretion of the security person you get
I am hoping it dyes down before spring

MichelleinMaine
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Can you check on those flights what aircraft you'd be flying? Anything RJ (the little jets) won't have much of anything. Not sure about the others (it's all RJs out of our airport, lol)

canadianjovigirl
01-18-2010, 04:57 PM
We flew Continentail in Oct/Nov from Calgary-Houston-Orlando and they did not have individual tvs......just overhead ones that played a movie and my kids could not even see the screen so was no good for us.......i love westjet for the tv's but we also could not get a reasonable price for our trip so flew Continental and with the money we saved on flights added 3 days to the start of our vacation in Clearwater beach...........

teine
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
We are Canadians who decided to fly out of Bangor. Lucky too because we can now take carry ons and with two young children.... We are flying to Orlando on Delta and home on US Air. I'm not sure which have tvs but we have connections in each direction so I'm going to try and wear them out a bit at the airports.