PDA

View Full Version : Need a middle name for our baby girl Lucy

The_Princess's_Mommy
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Dis-friends!

We are expecting our DD#2 in a few weeks, and we need a little help with her middle name. Our 1st daughter is Penny Lane, and we know we want to name our new baby Lucy (yes, we are Beatles fans) :)

However, we are stuck on Lucy's middle name! We were thinking Lucy Jane (then we would have Penny Lane and Lucy Jane). But we're not convinced.

Any thoughts out there? Love to hear opinions and suggestions!

tweedlemom
01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Diamond??? Lucy in the sky with diamonds! :) Good luck!

kathie859
01-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Of the cutsy rhyming names for the sisters..sorry.:confused3

But for baby Lucy, how about Michelle or Carol---both Beatles songs:goodvibes

shelbys mommy
01-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Lucy Louise? Lucy Ann? Lucy Renee'? Lucy Elizabeth? Lucy Grace? Lucy Victoria? Lucy Joy? Lucy Rose?

Luv Bunnies
01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
If you're on a Beatle's theme, how about Lucy Skye or Lucy Diamond? Or there's always Lucy Eleanor (from Eleanor Rigby). This is kind of fun!:)

DaisyLynn
01-17-2010, 11:44 PM
If you're on a Beatle's theme, how about Lucy Skye or Lucy Diamond? Or there's always Lucy Eleanor (from Eleanor Rigby). This is kind of fun!:)

I really like Lucy Skye!

locolala
01-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I love the middle name Grace, lol, it's the one we have picked out for our baby if it's a girl. I also like Anne for a middle name :). Also not a fan of rhyming names here, but that's just me.

pipersmom
01-18-2010, 12:19 AM
I was coming on to suggest Lucy Eleanor as well..I like it!

Samar
01-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Lucy Marie or Lucy Lynn.

I guess it really depends on how the flow with your last name goes :) I liked a lot of middle names that ended with an "e" sound but our last name just didn't work with it. lol

The_Princess's_Mommy
01-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone! Great suggestions so far!!

dfchelbay
01-18-2010, 09:10 AM
I really like Lucy Skye!

That was my first thought too.

puffkin
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM

My first thought was Lucy Diamond, but I really like Lucy Skye!!!!

dementia412
01-18-2010, 09:32 AM
My first thought was Sky (or some spelling of it) because it matches and flows well. I personally think Eleanor is a great name but it doesn't go well with Lucy (which is adorable btw).

puffkin
01-18-2010, 09:54 AM
My first thought was Sky (or some spelling of it) because it matches and flows well. I personally think Eleanor is a great name but it doesn't go well with Lucy (which is adorable btw).

Yeah, I agree. Lucy Eleanor doesn't flow at all, but Eleanor Lucy does!

pixiewings71
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
One of my girls' middle name is Sky. :) I love that name.

I really like Lucy Sky or Lucy Diamond, Lucy Diamond is super cute. :)

bumbershoot
01-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I would let Lucy stand on its own, NO middle name.

Lucy is going to be an interesting name to grow up with, especially being named after a song (ask my friend Mandy about that one, and even though I was not named for the song, know that almost every person that ever talks to me has called me "Miss Molly" for the song at at least one point), and I would probably not try to find a cutesie fit or something that will make it singsong, or something to coordinate even more with her sister...I would just let her be Lucy.

She can always add a middle name as she gets older, as I did.

Rylee
01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Anna

Lucy Anna

Lovin' Disney
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
How about a name that is one of the Beatles wives' names?

Lucy Olivia <---I like this one
Lucy Linda
Lucy Barbara

Unfortunately, Lucy Yoko is just not right. :rotfl2:

Rylee
01-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Or you could go with Lucianna or Luciana.

Or, Lucy Starr. Not in a song, but still in tune with the Beatles!

abdmom
01-18-2010, 02:28 PM
I like Lucy Skye. :thumbsup2

Liljam
01-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Being a fan of The Beatles and of John, I'm going to suggest Lucy Winston, Lucy Julia or Lucy Maxwell. I like fun names and with a feminine name like Lucy, the middle name can be "cool!"

meg8017
01-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I really like Syke for a middle name. and I love Lucy!! :goodvibes

Mrs. Charming
01-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Diamond??? Lucy in the sky with diamonds! :) Good luck!

Or how about Lucy Sky or Skye?

That's my thought!! Haha DH and I are playing around with Star Wars names for the new bun in the oven. :goodvibes

Plumeria9
01-18-2010, 04:38 PM
I really like Lucy Skye, but I also thought of Lucy Belle. In the song Michelle, the lyrics are "Michelle, my belle" or something close to that. My middle name is Michelle, so I've been listening to that song my whole life. Congratulations! :love:

jeepgirl30
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I really like Lucy Skye!

I love Lucy Skye! it popped into my head at the title.

Liljam
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM

That's my thought!! Haha DH and I are playing around with Star Wars names for the new bun in the oven. :goodvibes

OMG, if I were doing a girl's name for Star War's it'd totally be Aayla Jade!

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
01-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I love Lucy. LOL. It's such a cute name!

I'm a bit more traditional, so I'll go with:
Lucy Claire
Lucy Anne
Lucy Grace

PollyannaMom
01-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I like Lucy Skye, too!

(Well, as long as your last name doesn't begin with D. - That might be delving a little too far into the song.)

ARmomof2
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
We have a Lucy!!!!:thumbsup2 Our 13 mo. old is Lucy Grace. We chose it because it is a family name ( my DH GM and GGM). We really liked the name and she is the only Lucy we know of in our town under the age of 60!!!! :lmao: My DH has taught our oldest, Jenna Claire, the Beatles song. She sings "The Lucy Song" to her all the time.

J'aime Paris
01-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I like Lucy Stella. (Paul McCartney's older daughter is Stella)

princessmom29
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Another vote here for Lucy Skye. I think it just fits too perfectly with your first DD's name.

minniebeth
01-18-2010, 07:29 PM
And another vote for Lucy Skye, second choice Lucy Diamond.

Lucy is a pretty popular name for the preschool crowd around here!

luvsmickeymouse
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Everyone has great ideas! I like Lucy Skye! Lucy Stella is nice too, and actually I like Lucy Michelle too! I guess I can't pick just one.:hippie:

LauraAnn630
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Lucy Jane

Grendalynn
01-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Anna

Lucy Anna

Another vote for Lucy Anna.... or Ana (pronounced ahh - nahh) or Lucy Amelia?? :confused3

Lucy amber? Lucy Maxine?? Lucy Katherine?? Lucy kate?? I have 3 boys - so this is kinda fun!!

weewuvvdisney
01-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Too funny, my first thought was Lucy Skye.

CanBeGrumpy
01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Lucy Sofia would be my choice. I like the thought of Lucy Skye, but I don't think it flows very well, but that might depend on your last name.

Jazcat
01-18-2010, 09:03 PM

wow we have twins and named the boy luke walker couldn't do skywalker so walker was the closest and our girl is olivia but several call her leia

the middle name I like is Briar

jbmom
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
My mom was Lucy Mae and that's what I intended to name my daughter. However, someone had other plans and I ended up with 2 sons. My brother has a Lucy Mae so the name is still in the family!

momofrrr
01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
What about Jewel in place of the diamond. Lucy Jewel......

Ciciwoowoo
01-18-2010, 10:10 PM
I think Lucy Skye is a perfect name! I love it!:goodvibes

kwitcherkicken99
01-18-2010, 11:32 PM
My DD's name is Lucy Renee... we also considered Danielle.

Renee came from my BFF who's name is Michelle Renee - Michelle from Michelle and Renee from "just walk away Renee" (Not sure who sings the latter).

DH liked how Renee flowed with our last name. How about Lucy Elenor (Rigby)?

Congrats and good luck and I LOVE the Beatles schtick! It's great!

My mom FLIPPED when I told her we were going to name her Lucy... said it wasn't a grown up name. Oh well! I told mom if DD didn't like it, she could go by her middle name later! We love it and love her... all the nurses in the hospital gave us a hard time as our DD came out with DEEP red hair! They all wanted to know if we thought she'd be a red head and that's why we named her that... actually it wasn't. My recently deceased grandma's middle name was Lucille, it was a little throw back to her. :)

It has been a lot of fun introducing DD to people - they all seem to light up when they hear the name, so excellent choice!

Haganfam5
01-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Being a fan of The Beatles and of John, I'm going to suggest Lucy Winston, Lucy Julia or Lucy Maxwell. I like fun names and with a feminine name like Lucy, the middle name can be "cool!"

I love this post! My daughter's name is Julia so you know I'm a fan. I didn't do the middle name thing. I think the first name is enough. You already have a Penny Lane though, so I think you have to go with Abbey Road; Sounds good to me ;). I vote for Lucy Skye too. Have fun chosing!

DW2010
01-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I think a simple, classic name would be great with Lucy. What about Lucy Claire or Lucy Grace? Claire is my DD's middle name, and I love it.

pixiewings71
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM

wow we have twins and named the boy luke walker couldn't do skywalker so walker was the closest and our girl is olivia but several call her leia

the middle name I like is Briar

Ok too funny.....ladies, my DD's name is Jade Sky, her last name is Walker. LOL So, she's Jade Sky Walker, and she LOVES it!!!!! She tells everyone her full name with pride. :)
And no, we actually didn't name her that after Star Wars, (altho everyone thinks so) we chose Sky simply because we loved it and it flowed so well with Jade. :)

mjkacmom
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I love the middle name Grace, lol, it's the one we have picked out for our baby if it's a girl. I also like Anne for a middle name :). Also not a fan of rhyming names here, but that's just me.

My girls' middle names are Anne, Grace, and Rose.

Shleedogg
01-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Lucy May/Mae?

robinb
01-19-2010, 01:53 PM
I think a simple, classic name would be great with Lucy. What about Lucy Claire or Lucy Grace? Claire is my DD's middle name, and I love it.I love the name Lucy Claire, but it may be too classic and not edgy/hip enough for the OP. My DD's middle name is my last name. My DH and I have different last names and I did not want to have my name "lost".

Amanda08
01-19-2010, 03:55 PM
How about Lucy Blue?
It's different...but I think it sounds kinda pretty! I got the idea from the Beatle's song, Blue Jay Way. ;)

Good luck!

SuperSplashGirl
01-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Lucy Rose
Lucy Grace
Lucy Skye
Either of those are my favorites!

katierae81
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Another vote for Lucy Skye here! I also thought of Lucy Vera...not sure about the flow though. Vera was one of the three grandchildren named in When I'm 64.

Tricia's mom
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
i really like lucy skye!

me too !!!!

dkbnyc
01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Lucy Starr- looks too much like Lucky Star- not good

like most i really like Lucy Skye
also: Lucy Belle, Lucy Stella and Lucy Winston

Stephaniecmc
01-22-2010, 09:44 AM
So I came across this post yesterday and didn't have any clever ideas until I went to bed last night.....and then I thought of this name...

Lucy Rae

Lily & Giny's Mom
01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Lucy Lennon?:hippie:

lucyanna girl
01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Couldn't resist, I have to add my vote.

Can anyone guess what it is? :rotfl:

By the way, my first name is Penny.

Lucyanna Girl
Penny

tinkercat
01-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Dis-friends!

We are expecting our DD#2 in a few weeks, and we need a little help with her middle name. Our 1st daughter is Penny Lane, and we know we want to name our new baby Lucy (yes, we are Beatles fans) :)

However, we are stuck on Lucy's middle name! We were thinking Lucy Jane (then we would have Penny Lane and Lucy Jane). But we're not convinced.

Any thoughts out there? Love to hear opinions and suggestions!

Haven't read the replies to see if you've chosen a name yet, but our Lucy is Lucy Skye (we are also Beatles fans :goodvibes )

ETA - Everyone who hears our Lucy's full name LOVES it. I think Penny Lane and Lucy Skye go well together too. Can't wait to hear what you decide!

kinntj
01-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I love the name Lucy. I don't have any suggestions for middle names, but you have some good ones posted already.

Good luck!

kimmylaj
01-23-2010, 04:12 PM
i wanted to name dd3 lucy but i got vetoed she is mia rose, but if she were lucy she would have been lucy grace. i do think lucy skye is really fun

Carolina_Ggirl
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Initially upon reading your post, I thought Elizabeth would be great to compliment the shorter name!

I actually do like Skye too, or a variation, Skyler

kjpotter
01-25-2010, 01:00 AM
My niece is Lucy Elizabeth.

disykat
01-25-2010, 01:56 AM
My first thought was Lucy Skye, but I do really like Lucy Michelle as well.

MomtoGKC
01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't have any great suggestions (I was thinking McGill or Lil or Nancy! :lmao:), but I wanted to say I knew a Penny Lane growing up - she went by Lanie. We always thought it was so cool she was named after a song.

Lucy was on the top of our list for girls, too. Either that or Libby - so cute!

pommfrites
01-27-2010, 11:30 AM
although Lucille/Lucy is my cat's name...we call her Lucy Belle..I have no idea where we got it from, but it just rolls of the tongue so nicely! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

billyvmom
01-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Lucy McCartney

Mrs. Charming
01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Lucy McCartney

Oooh. I like that one. (or Harrison, Starr, or Lennon...)

Syrreal
01-27-2010, 04:36 PM
My mom was Lucy Mae and that's what I intended to name my daughter. However, someone had other plans and I ended up with 2 sons. My brother has a Lucy Mae so the name is still in the family!

I was going to suggest Lucy Mae too. I think it sounds nice together.

DisneyDoc5
01-27-2010, 08:08 PM
My best friends daughter is Lucy Quinn

Pixie Princess
01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
How about Lucy Suzanne or Susannah for "Suzy Parker". I also thought about Lucy Abigail for Abbey Road, but I think I like Suzanne better.

Liberty Belle
01-29-2010, 08:10 AM
What about Lucy Eleanor (Eleanor Rigby), Lucy Pauline (Paul), Lucy Starr (Ringo), Lucy Georgia (George), Lucy Prudence (Dear Prudence), Lucy Julia (Julia), Lucy Madonna (Lady Madonna), Lucy Magil (Rocky Raccoon), Lucy Michelle (Michelle)?

DisMN
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I was coming on to suggest Lucy Eleanor as well..I like it!

A friend of mine named her daughter Eleanor and the name has really grown on me. Lucy Eleanor really sounds nice IMHO!!

I like Lucy Stella. (Paul McCartney's older daughter is Stella)

OK I like that too! Lucy Stella....

Lucy Sofia would be my choice. I like the thought of Lucy Skye, but I don't think it flows very well, but that might depend on your last name.

Lucy Sofia is lovely!
Skye is just too common these days and it has become soooo cutsie. I'm also not a big fan of seeing an elderly woman named "Skye". LOL

My DD's name is Lucy Renee... we also considered Danielle.

Renee came from my BFF who's name is Michelle Renee - Michelle from Michelle and Renee from "just walk away Renee" (Not sure who sings the latter).

DH liked how Renee flowed with our last name. How about Lucy Elenor (Rigby)?

Congrats and good luck and I LOVE the Beatles schtick! It's great!

My mom FLIPPED when I told her we were going to name her Lucy... said it wasn't a grown up name. Oh well! I told mom if DD didn't like it, she could go by her middle name later! We love it and love her... all the nurses in the hospital gave us a hard time as our DD came out with DEEP red hair! They all wanted to know if we thought she'd be a red head and that's why we named her that... actually it wasn't. My recently deceased grandma's middle name was Lucille, it was a little throw back to her. :)

It has been a lot of fun introducing DD to people - they all seem to light up when they hear the name, so excellent choice!

Love your post!! :goodvibes

I love this post! My daughter's name is Julia so you know I'm a fan. I didn't do the middle name thing. I think the first name is enough. You already have a Penny Lane though, so I think you have to go with Abbey Road; Sounds good to me ;). I vote for Lucy Skye too. Have fun chosing!

Abbey Road!! LOL But it's kind of sort of not bad! LOL LOL

Ok too funny.....ladies, my DD's name is Jade Sky, her last name is Walker. LOL So, she's Jade Sky Walker, and she LOVES it!!!!! She tells everyone her full name with pride. :)
And no, we actually didn't name her that after Star Wars, (altho everyone thinks so) we chose Sky simply because we loved it and it flowed so well with Jade. :)

OHhhhhhhhh that's just too fun for words! Especially since you did NOT name her after Star Wars! LOL

How about Lucy Suzanne or Susannah for "Suzy Parker". I also thought about Lucy Abigail for Abbey Road, but I think I like Suzanne better.

Lucy Abigail...that's another nice'n!

What about Lucy Eleanor (Eleanor Rigby), Lucy Pauline (Paul), Lucy Starr (Ringo), Lucy Georgia (George), Lucy Prudence (Dear Prudence), Lucy Julia (Julia), Lucy Madonna (Lady Madonna), Lucy Magil (Rocky Raccoon), Lucy Michelle (Michelle)?

Lucy Magil!! I like that one too!