PDA

View Full Version : Have a 4 month old..packing list..

luvdisney77
01-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I have a 4 month old that will be a 5 month old when we go. I haven't taken a little one to Disney before. None of my other children were babies when we went. SO I need all the experienced baby travelers to help with her packig list or advice. She is on formula, but not the powdered kind, so that makes the park a little difficult. I guess I will be bringing the already made box of ready to feed all week. We are also driving 14 hours from Ohio. The exersaucer will be hard to bring, but she is going to need something to do. Idk, what do you think?? Advice on what to bring please.:confused3

mom2maggie
01-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm watching this thread - I'm bringing my baby for my trip in 5 weeks (she'll be just at 7 months) and I'm kind of confuzzled about what to bring for her!

luvdisney77
01-17-2010, 01:46 PM
bump :O)

Samar
01-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi :) You can go to the abbf site if you want to rent an exersaucer and other "big" items for your stay (stroller for example). Bring the necessities. Formula, diapers, wipes, baby food, disposable (or washable) utensils & Bibs. Depending on where you're staying, they may have a PnP for you to use for baby to sleep in. Definitely bring a couple pairs of extra clothes for spit up and such.

Diapers.com can deliver some of it if you are staying for longer than a couple of days. You just have to make sure that you have room to bring it back :goodvibes Have fun!

kohlby
01-17-2010, 02:01 PM
The list is going to vary from person to person. I've been with a 2 month old, a 9 month old, and am leaving in a few days with an 11 month old. (And two other kids).
*Stroller and sling
*Diapers and wipes
*Twice as many outfits as you think you're going to need unless you plan on doing laundry
*Stain laundry pen
*Sleep sack (my baby doesn't use blankets)

That's about it for us. We co-sleep and my kids never used things like an exersaucer or jumper. At 5 months old, I'd pack a couple extra small blankets. Just put the blanket on the floor with a couple baby-safe things to chew and you have a play area. As for what to do, everything is a toy to a baby! Babies keep themselves entertained much better than us adults do often. You can't get by without clothes and diapers, but you really don't need to bring that many toys. I'd take a bunch of small toys for the car ride and then take them into your hotel room. (A baby-safe mirror is a great toy for the car ride as well).

luvdisney77
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
What is the abbf site? Thanks! :O)

hmacmahony
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I am guessing its your first right?
Our first, when we traveled to my moms the first time or so, we brought the swing, the exersaucer and the bouncy chair.
Really!!

My biggest advice, PACK LIGHT!

Bring forumla, diapers, wipes, and a few toys (little rattle types)

She will be so amazed by whats going on, she won't need anything else.
If you are planning on being in the park most of the time, there is no need to bring, or even rent things for the room. You just won't use it, and it will take up space.

Samar
01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
What is the abbf site? Thanks! :O)

www.abbf.com

A baby's best friend :) I didn't post the link before because I wasn't sure what the DIS policy is but surely they realize it's not a spam right now. lol

FWIW, bring some things that aren't exactly toys. lol Spare keys, paper towel roll, old t.v. remote :rotfl:Those things keep my LO's attention a lot longer than her rattles!

momma2kiddos
01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
We took our 5 month old in March. I was a little concerned about bringing powdered formula too but my ped told me it would do wonders on a trip! So I took:

1 bag of pampers (about 40?)
3 cans of powdered soy formula
tons of onesies!
1 box of wipes
3 playtex bottles with drop ins
2 regular bottles (mainly just to refill w/ water or juice at the food court)
a few jars of baby food (to help him sleep)
2 of his favorite toys....but the stuffed Mickey became his favorite in the end!

Then I just brought some tshirts and shorts for him. Believe it or not, all of this fit into mine and DD's luggage so we didn't have to pack an additional bag for him! It was so freakin hot that although we brought socks and shoes, he never wore them....he just "chillaxed" in his stroller!

BTW, we brought our own stroller too so we didn't have to rent one. He was so relaxed while we strolled in the parks and he napped ALOT! We will take it again on our next trip.

Cinbride
01-17-2010, 11:08 PM
We have gone before when our first DD was 7.5 mths.
bottles/formula/food/wipes/diapers; water for the bottles; it may upset your babys belly changing waters or using tap?
few toys
a few bigger blankets for hotel room and out and about
small blanket incase it gets cold
hat
sunscreen
maybe your pack n play
extra clothes
disposable bibs
stroller
I wouldn't worry about an exersaucer
teething items
pedi. approved tylenol
nail clippers
pedi. number

It sounds like alot. But just take small quantities to the parks w/ you.
My bag will be including (i have two kids)
diapers
wipes
bottles/liners/nipples;ziploc for dirty nipples
ziploc for dirty clothes
a couple water bottles
first aid kit mini
sunscreen
blanket
hat
snacks
we will have 2 bags but again we have 2 kids
one will be extras that stays in the stroller(diapers/water)

then the rest will contain the above. We are going to use a backpack but again 2 kids we need all the free hands. Take advantage of the changing stations/nursing areas. They are very nice and get you off your feet.

also a baby carrier. makes it a little easier getting on/off buses.