PDA

View Full Version : HELP! BBB advice, please!

mom2girlsx3
01-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Please help! My question is this: Is the full-service make over at the MK BBB worth the money? My dilemma is that I have THREE princesses... yes, 3 princess:princess:princess:... and at $200 each I'm having a hard time justifying that kind of payout. It would definitely be cheaper to buy dresses here at home and then do the mid-range BBB service w/ hair, make up, and nails, but I don't want them to get there and be disappointed....... Suggestions? (Oh, and if it matters, we have CRT ressies for right after their BBB appointment to celebrate my birthday!)

Perditamarie
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I think it is bananas to spend $600....that could add 3 days to your trip! Bring your own dresses, and have the girls in them when you arrive.....they won't notice and will still get treated like royalty at BBB and everywhere else they go. If you get the princess bun, that thing is solid, and could last 3 days!!! Happy planning.

annacali
01-16-2010, 10:06 PM
We brought our own dresses (one of my Princesses won't wear anything "itchy" so we had to bring an acceptable one) and just did the hair/makeup/nails package. My girls loved it and had a wonderful experience.

mom2girlsx3
01-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I was soooooo hoping that's what you guys would say!! :thumbsup2

Any suggestions on where to get a good price on costumes?

hope2
01-16-2010, 11:24 PM
I got the Disney resort Belle Dress on ebay for $22 with shipping.. Keep looking they post them on there.. I just typed in Disney Resort Dress. Good luck, I'm doing the same thing with my 2 girls.

Desiree1972
01-16-2010, 11:34 PM
the disney store website had some dresses on sale a couple of weeks ago - start there
(got the cinderella dress for 25 bucks)

MyVirtueAidan
01-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Please help! My question is this: Is the full-service make over at the MK BBB worth the money? My dilemma is that I have THREE princesses... yes, 3 princess:princess:princess:... and at $200 each I'm having a hard time justifying that kind of payout. It would definitely be cheaper to buy dresses here at home and then do the mid-range BBB service w/ hair, make up, and nails, but I don't want them to get there and be disappointed....... Suggestions? (Oh, and if it matters, we have CRT ressies for right after their BBB appointment to celebrate my birthday!)

Yep I was in denial thinking my DD needed the Castle Package... Thank Goodness for DIS Boards... Decided to get her a brand new gown from our local Disney store and give it to her the day of her appt as a gift from the pricess that we'll be having lunch with... She'll be soo happy... Gonna get her a Cinderella dress and boy will she be surprised cause Cindy is my least favorite princess... Opted for the Crown package at MK... The main reason why I wanted the Castle Package was for the Photo Shot they do... Found out that you can take the girlies to Exposition Hall at MK and they'll take the pics and place them on your photo pass card!!! SOLD ME THERE!!! Planned an early appt to avoid any meltdowns!!! Think she'll be ok though!!! LOL

kydisneymom
01-17-2010, 08:22 AM
We did the $200 pkg. last time b/c I thought I had to, but live and learn. I would bring my own dress and then just do the hair and makeup. My daughter wanted the dress off after about an hour anyway. Your daughters will just love being there! It's magical any way you go!

treehugnmama
01-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I thought you had to have the castle package to do the photo shoot at the hall. We did the castle package last time went did the photos and had them put on photo pass.

Your girls really wouldn't missout if you bring your dresses.....lots of people do. I was going to bring the dress but I wanted the photo op so I booked castle.

Can someone clarify about the phot op if that is the case it would be cheaper to buy pp cd and get the cheaper package

mdsouth
01-17-2010, 09:13 AM
We did the $200 pkg. last time b/c I thought I had to, but live and learn. I would bring my own dress and then just do the hair and makeup. My daughter wanted the dress off after about an hour anyway. Your daughters will just love being there! It's magical any way you go!

I have to share my experience with everyone that wants a budget friendly option. My mother made my daughter's dress (or you can buy one at home in a local store or online from disneystore.com before you go).

Then I just did her hair and nails myself. I am a total clutz with hair, mine and hers but I bought that butterfly comb thing from Walgreen's 10.00 (one of those TV commercial items) and it was so easy to use! Here crown was one we already had - one of those typical play crowns you can find anywhere. Here are a few pictures for you to see. The back of her hair is starting to fall down some, but that is because I forgot hairspray. I had no hairspray in her hair at all. This picture on the ride was taken after we had been in the park for three or more hours on an extremely hot June day. http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt21/mdsouth/WDW%202009/P1010330-1.jpg
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt21/mdsouth/DSC_0148.jpg

She looked pretty cute and everyone gave her comments during the day. The resort bus driver even made an announcement that everyone on board needed to be behaved since there was royalty on board - a Disney princess. She loved that! It was so cute. I would catch her checking herself out in the store front windows, etc. during the day.

wannago2disney
01-17-2010, 09:43 AM
We are doing the crown package. Bringing our own Dress as DD has just about all of them at this point already. DD really loves to have make up put on and her nails done ect. so we wanted her to have this experience. Thanks to the Dis we found out that we can take her to Exposition hall to have photos taken and added to our photo pass with out the extra cost. We are also doing Pirate league for DS and hope to get some good photos of the 2 of them together!

mom2girlsx3
01-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I am doing the happy dance to know that bringing our own dresses is not going to spoil the magic of BBB! (And DH is doing the happy dance because we'll be saving LOTS o' money!) :woohoo:

OK, so give me the scoop on the photos at Exhibition Hall.... is there a backdrop? Where do we go exactly? Fill me in!

Perditamarie
01-17-2010, 02:23 PM
If you are going to CRT after, that meal comes w/a photo w/Cinderella...just pose your princesses w/Cindy for a fab photo and that could save time and $$ too if you don't want to trek back to the front of Main Street for photos....I know after our BBB appt, dd was ready to get in some rides in Fantasyland, and was all done primping and princessing. Also, there is a photopass photographer in BBB taking shots of the makeover as well.

LWatson
01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh shoot the dresses are on sale at Walmart right now, so I would go buy them there and take them with you. The shoes were today too (i was shopping for a birthday party gift for a little girl who likes Snow White).

mom2girlsx3
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
If you are going to CRT after, that meal comes w/a photo w/Cinderella...just pose your princesses w/Cindy for a fab photo and that could save time and $$ too if you don't want to trek back to the front of Main Street for photos....I know after our BBB appt, dd was ready to get in some rides in Fantasyland, and was all done primping and princessing. Also, there is a photopass photographer in BBB taking shots of the makeover as well.

Did anybody else have an issue with their CRT photo being dark? I was so disappointed in our's from our last trip. Not very good... a fluke, or did you have the same issue?

mom2girlsx3
01-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh shoot the dresses are on sale at Walmart right now, so I would go buy them there and take them with you. The shoes were today too (i was shopping for a birthday party gift for a little girl who likes Snow White).

:yay: Thanks for the tip!

Tinkermom76
01-17-2010, 10:08 PM
for sure take your own dresses and get the other package and you still go get the photo shoot done.. I did and the kids still loved it and I wasn't mad when they wanted their dresses off a couple hours later... here are my girls

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt175/tinkermom/Image0177.jpg

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt175/tinkermom/DisneyDay4103.jpg

mom2girlsx3
01-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all the tips! Just won an authentic Disney Parks Belle dress (new with tags!) off ebay for $15!! :cool1:

dmank
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Bring your own dresses!! The BBB is all about the hair and makeup. The dresses are no better than ones you can buy at WalMart!!

treehugnmama
01-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I disagree that the dresses are no better than the ones at walmart. They are definatley way better quality.

we usually buy all of our dresses online at disney outlet at 50% off. This year we are looking for cindy and I can't get it.

They are overpriced at bbb but they are a great quality....not to say they are better than the disney online store.

dislvr74
01-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Can someone explain how to do one a princess bun? I can't swing BBB and I don't think my DD would want to sit there anyway, but I would be willing to help her dress up in our room. We have one of those little tiaras, but I don't have any idea how to do her hair. I tried googling for instructions, but I couldn't really find what I was looking for.