PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Baby Care Centers.

DisneyClown
01-16-2010, 06:35 PM
I am planning on using the baby care centers on our trip this summer and was wondering if there are time limits on how long you can be in there? Also, are they just for one parent and baby or can my husband and step-son come in as well? I wanted them as another alternative for some downtime from the parks and heat, if needed. We will be taking midday breaks most days, but 4th of July is when I'm most concerned about, as we will be spending all day in the park.TIA!

Avonlady1001
01-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I bring the whole family in with me...last trip it was me, DS1, DD5 & DH. In addition to the changing tables, and breastfeeding/pumping areas, they also have a room w/ little tables & chairs, highchairs & a TV playing Disney cartoons. In one of the parks (can't remember which...) they also had a little room w/ toys that the kids played with. A CM gave DD a picture & some crayons to color & hung it on the wall when we left!

We probably spent a good 30-45 minutes in there that day...kids were having too much fun & didn't want to go. LOL They won't kick you out, don't worry!

iluvmickey2008
01-16-2010, 08:22 PM
They are great!! We were there in July 2008 with an 8 month old and it was great to be able to feed him without all of the crowds. Each babycare center that we went to was not really busy at all. I was suprised. Maybe alot of people do not realize that they are there. Shhh! Lets keep them our secret!! :wave2:

mykidslovesdisney
01-16-2010, 08:25 PM
They welcome the whole family in. We used it in 2008 w/ ds1 at the time. At MK, DH took him in to feed him lunch. I had our other 3 dc w/ me and our food from Casey's. I stepped in the baby ctr to tell dh that we would be outside on the benches eating. The CM stated that all of us could eat together. It in Aug. Being able to grab a bite in the AC was soo nice. We have used all of the baby centers except for DHS.

they are a nice place to cool off a bit and relax.

enjoy ur trip

Tricia's mom
01-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I have used them all...They are great. Stay as long as you need, the AC feels great. There is TV Tables for eating....PST, Filtered water ! And a Cast Member or two assist with any needs such as: Directions, parade/showtimes, helpful WDW tips and dining as t really helps to slip away from the crowds and re group. Oh the rocking chairs are slo great to sit in and close your eyes a bit.

xanphylus
01-16-2010, 11:57 PM
I loved the baby care centers! They had the cleanest bathrooms in the park and real changing tables! Not the plastic ones that I am always afraid of my son falling off of! It has a/c, a tv and kids chair and everything you could need. If you run out of diapers or baby formula or food- they have it! It might cost more- but you don't want to leave the park on July 4th for a diaper! The people working in there are great too- very helpful! No time limits, or anything silly. We were the only ones in there most of the times we went (this was in late sept 2009 though- not summer).

aidtrismommy
01-17-2010, 07:12 AM
I agree with all posts. We took breaks in there from the heat one June. The one in Epcot has the toys. The one in AK has the largest "break" room with Disney movies playing (bring your own toys) DHS is the smallest, but they have a toddler sized potty in there. MK is the busiest one, but never that busy.

gigi1313
01-17-2010, 07:15 AM
we, too, loved the baby care centers... we brought the whole family (even though my bigger kids are tweens/teens) and relaxed, met the loveliest cast members (i will admit my surprise that Epcot's was staffed by a sr citizen gentleman... not sure why but i was expecting a woman like the rest)... and even had the opportunity to mix/mingle with other guests, sharing strategies, etc... taught one family about baby-swap passes!

AKADrea
01-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I love them too - I just wish they were more centrally located!!!

pixarmom
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
they have a toddler sized potty in there..

Perfect - thank you! Is DHS the only one with a toddler sized potty?