PDA

View Full Version : Dining with an imagineer?

Desiree1972
01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
has any one done this before?
thoughts
thanks

canfield77
01-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Nope, never even heard about it. Do you have the chance? That would be really awesome, to be able to pick their brain!

kathyseb
01-14-2010, 10:17 PM
We did it a few years ago. Had Jim as our Imagineer. It was great.

He was involved with the remake of ToT and designed Primevil Whirl.

I think everyone was comfortable enough to ask him lots of questions.
The food was good.
You get a really neat plate at the end that he has signed for you.

We would do it again.

fakereadhed
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Great for adults or teens unless the children are interested in imagineering. We did the one at Brown Derby and for about the same price as if we ordred the same stuff off the menu, we got lots of extras. You get a short tour and a little background of the place, name badges, an autogrphed plate, and get to eat in the bamboo room. Learned lots of interesting stuff from the imagineer.

mickeymouse1017
01-17-2010, 09:39 PM
We just did it in October. It was wonderful. Dave was our imagineer and he was fantastic. The food was also excellent. There were 8 of us in the Bamboo Room and we were there for about 3.5 hours - longer than I thought it would be but really worth it. I will certainly be doing it again.

donaldsgirl
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
My husband and I did Lunch with the Imagineer on our last trip and it was AWESOME!!! We actually had 2 imagineers and we learned alot. They were both extremely nice and very easy to talk to. The food was EXCELLENT and so was the company. Assuming that we can get the reservations then we will do this EVERY TIME WE VISIT. It was one of the highlights of our trip. :thumbsup2

jackskellingtonsgirl
01-18-2010, 04:46 PM
We went in 2006. :)

Pretty much the same as what others have reported. Of course I am blanking on the Imagineer's name because I am trying to think of it. :rolleyes: It will come to me later.

You go to Brown Derby and have lunch in the Bamboo Room. It was about $65 per person, I think, and it is a limited menu. They only allow 10 or 12 people for each session, so if you have a large party OR if you don't call as soon as your booking window opens it may fill up.

When we went DS was only 10. I think he got a little bored, but he was very tolerant of the whole thing. I think now they prefer not to allow kids under a certain age to attend.