PDA

View Full Version : Long Sleeves or short sleeves?

robinbutterfly
01-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Ok so the weather looks like it will be in the high 60's and low to mid 70's.
How should I dress the kids?
Long pants and short sleeves? Or long and long? help!

Poohbug
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
I am planning on packing one long sleeve shirt and one hoodie. That way if they are cold with short sleeves-they can put on the hoodie.

Since we are used to frigid up here-I have a feeling the boys will want to wear shorts/short sleeves when we are in FL. A big warm up is coming for us(yay-40) and I am sure some people will be breaking out the shorts here. :rolleyes: Not me, but some people.

rubato
01-14-2010, 01:33 PM
It depends on your kids. My son will be in shorts and polos everyday and probably every night while we're there. It's not supposed to get below 50 and he's quite comfy in shorts at that temp. But, he likes it a little colder than most!

ms_missy66
01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Remember that the highs are not around for very long in a day. When we were there the week after Christmas we had some days with the highs in the mid 60's to lower 70's also. The mornings were quite cool and it didn't really start to warm up until almost noon. The high temp was reached at about 3:30 or 4:00, and the cool off started at about 4:30 and was very quick. If you're there early in the morning and plan to stay after dinner, you've got lots of hours with lower temps.

When we got to WDW in the winter I'm a huge fan of layers. We usually do short sleeved shirt, sweatshirt and jacket. For weather in the 60's and 70's, our family would be in long pants or capris. Hope that helps!

disneylovin24
01-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Ok so the weather looks like it will bethe in the high 60's and low to mid 70's.

Despite what the weather is in the day, the nights will get alittle colder so I'd bring 2 or 3 hoodies. Maybe pack one long sleeve shirt, but has long as you have sweaters and hoodies, then you can just throw that over a t-shirt if it gets cold.

For pants, I'd bring mostly shorts with 2 or 3 pairs of pants. Once again, the pants will be nice to have for nights.

kpgriswold
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Layers! A T-shirt topped with a sweatshirt or light jacket is perfect, because they can add and subtract as the temps dictate. It will be chilly in the am, warm in the mid afternoon, cool again late afternoon and evening

mommy3girls
01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Great tips. Thanks

MamaOfTwoPrincesses
01-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Ok so the weather looks like it will be in the high 60's and low to mid 70's.

that would be a heatwave for us! We'd be breaking out the flip flops! :lmao: But I absolutely agree with the layers and hoodies. Can't go wrong with layers!