PDA

View Full Version : Best condo for 9 and 3 yr olds

jennilouwho
01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm helping my friends plan a trip to WDW. What condo areas are best for 9 year old twins and a 4 year old. Their dad will have to do some business things down there, so the mom and kids will have down time away from the parks and was wondering if some places have more entertainment than others...

Thanks!

spiceycat
01-13-2010, 04:54 PM
guess they are not going to any of the theme parks?

try for a timeshare - they generally have activities for the kids.

sheraton vistana resort
wyndham bonnet creek
orange lake

these are close to WDW. Now Orlando is big. try to find out where his business contacts are located. Orlando can be quite far from WDW.

most of the timeshares are close to WDW, several (really nice one) are close to Seaworld (and thereby the Convention area) - a few are close to Universal

jennilouwho
01-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh, just to clarify, they will be at the theme parks some of their vacation, but will also be at their condo sometimes. Looking into something fairly cheap. I stayed at Windsor Palms before, but wondering what else is out there.

Purseval
01-13-2010, 05:19 PM
HGVC SeaWorld is a great resort for kids, Tripadvisor rates it something like 23 out of 350 Orland area hotels and the reviews all rave about it. I would look to rent from an owner on a site like redweek.com that could save a lot of money versus renting from Hilton.

swilshire
01-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I was also going to suggest Sheraton Vistana. It has always been the favorite Orlando resort for my kids of all ages.

Sheila

spiceycat
01-14-2010, 01:34 PM
okay this list is only for week long rentals

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/disney-vacation/

you are renting from the owner (mostly) so you can offer less and see if they take it.

steelebug
01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Lake Buena Vista resort and spa is really nice with a good pool area for kids.