PDA

View Full Version : Hilton DTD Questions

MomWith2Cinderellas
01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi All!
We may be making a trip with my Husband for a conference. It is looking like we would be staying at the Hilton in DTD. Is the walk to DTD really that close? I will be winging it with our two young daughters. This is also the first time we are staying off property, so I am little nervous about using the hotel shuttles and hoping that they run as frequent as a WDW bus. Any information on this hotel would be greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

spiceycat
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
it is close - just across the street.

the buses run pretty good - not as good as Disney - but for non-Disney it is pretty good.

dd50
01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
It's a five minute walk. Buses are pretty good. Think they come every 1/2 hour in the morning. Didn't come back in middle of day so don't know when they do them. After park closed waited about 40 minutes.

MomWith2Cinderellas
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks! I will probably walk to DTD and catch the buses (on some days) to the resorts. We tend to get a later start to the day and stay close to when the park closes.

3floridarays
01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
We stayed at DTD Hilton for a week last month. It is literally right across the street from DTD, so walking is a breeze. We had our car with us to drive to the parks, but it seemed like there was a bus in the parking lot picking up or dropping off everytime we went to our car or came back from the park. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms are comfy and clean. The 24 hour market was also nice and if you book a room on the 9th or 10th floor you have access to the concierge lounge, with coffee, cold drinks, hot chocolate, tea, and cookies all day and evening, plus a light breakfast in the morning (bagels, toast, cereal, etc) and a light meal in the evening (nachos, pasta, etc).

MomWith2Cinderellas
01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
3floridarays,
Thanks for the information. We are looking forward to trying something new. We had some issues with the BWI/BWV being clean, so I am glad to hear that the rooms are clean!
We are now hoping for some decent priced airline tickets and we should be all ready to start our countdown!:cool1:

We stayed at DTD Hilton for a week last month. It is literally right across the street from DTD, so walking is a breeze. We had our car with us to drive to the parks, but it seemed like there was a bus in the parking lot picking up or dropping off everytime we went to our car or came back from the park. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms are comfy and clean. The 24 hour market was also nice and if you book a room on the 9th or 10th floor you have access to the concierge lounge, with coffee, cold drinks, hot chocolate, tea, and cookies all day and evening, plus a light breakfast in the morning (bagels, toast, cereal, etc) and a light meal in the evening (nachos, pasta, etc).

StuckInKS
01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
The bus that picked us up with a white bus with different colored mickey balloons on the side -- I was under the impression that it was a Disney bus. It also stops at other DTD Hotels, not just the Hilton, which put a little extra time in your trip. We had a wonderful experience at th Hilton, but it is difficult to load onto a bus with four small kids and a double stroller, espcially when there are no seats left, and I didn't like spending the extra money to park at the parks (was already paying $8/day to park at the Hilton) so we are going to try to stay closer this time. But it really was a nice hotel (I loved the Edy's. I cannot find chocolate waffle cones anywhere around here,) very comfy beds with clean white down comforters (I hate not knowing how clean a hotels comforters are.) I would love to stay there again, but with 5 small kids this trip, plus a double stoller and single, bulky travel system stoller, taking buses or loading up the car will just be too much of a hassle.