PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need Kitchen/Washer-Dryer AND Shuttle to WDW

Corryn
01-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Hello,
One of my friends is looking for something specific. When we go down we usually rent on-site or a timeshare, but we also always rent a car.
She needs to rent a place with a kitchen and a washer/dryer Inside the unit, but she also needs a shuttle to WDW because they will not be renting a car...

Can anyone help me out?
Thank you:goodvibes

Cdn Gal
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Bonnet Creek they have shuttles, kitchens and a washer and dryer. We stayed there last March and had a fantasic time! :thumbsup2

Brian Noble
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
But, even Bonnet Creek's shuttles are at best "adequate". They run at scheduled times, they share destinations, etc. I know people do it, but personally, I would not stay there without a car.

There's no free lunch. You either need a car, need to deal with sub-optimal shuttles, or need to stay onsite. She might be able to rent DVC points for a 1BR unit at a price she can afford. Alternatively, build in the price of cab trips to any offsite stay to make up for times when the shuttles are not convenient.

spiceycat
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
sheraton vistana resort - that say many of the people who first were using their shuttle changed to a rental car after the first few days.

she can rent a studio at a DVC resort -the washer/dryer in the laundry mat are free to use for anyone staying at the resort. that say the detergent is not and it is expensive.

sonogal
01-12-2010, 07:09 AM
I just booked at Blue Heron Beach Resort for February based on someone's recommendation. Brand new, nice condos, free scheduled shuttles. We're not renting a car either. I'm willing to take my chances on the shuttles because we'll only be doing 2 park days and I don't mind paying for a cab if we need to.

Corryn
01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you for the suggestions, and I'll appreciate any others!
The Blue Heron is Gorgeous!!! Me and my husband have been looking to purchase there just for the views - but at the time prices were $500 - $600,000!!!! I love how they have the bunkbeds in the hallway - perfect for extra guests and the kids would love it, too..

jldixon62
01-19-2010, 05:56 PM
I just booked at Blue Heron Beach Resort for February based on someone's recommendation. Brand new, nice condos, free scheduled shuttles. We're not renting a car either. I'm willing to take my chances on the shuttles because we'll only be doing 2 park days and I don't mind paying for a cab if we need to.

I just booked this place for March 1st, so glad to hear someone else has heard of it. I get nearvous when staying at resorts I've never heard of.

I can't wait, its too darn cold, and I REALLY need a vacation. :yay: