PDA

View Full Version : Hotels with Shuttles to Disney?

mdoll4
01-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi, I'm planning a trip to Disney World in May, and I'm definitely on a budget. Ideally, I'd like to find a relatively cheap hotel that offers a shuttle service to any of the parks, as to avoid the $14/day parking fee.

I've tried a lot of travel sites (Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, you name it) and some say that they offer the service, but then I've read the reviews saying that the hotel didn't have anything.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!
Mary

Brian Noble
01-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I'd encourage you to reconsider. Even hotels that do have shuttles will generally not offer transportation that is convenient or particularly accessible. The $14 is a small price to pay for complete flexibility in where you go and when you go there. I'd rather eat counter service the entire trip (or eat most meals offsite) than rely on a hotel shuttle.

Alternatively, you might find that with some of the discounts available, a Disney Value room can be very competitive with some of the acceptable offsite properties---and that will include parking.

spiceycat
01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
a disney value room will also have transportation from and to the airport for free.

stay offsite and you pay for that too.

that say this one does
www.bestwesternlakeside.com

lbklyn
01-12-2010, 09:44 AM
I was very interested in the Bestwestern lakeside that the above poster mentions but lately they have been getting HORRIBLE reviews on trip advisor!
I can't imagine how they went down hill so quickly but the posters seem to have genuine complaints. Anyone been there recently who could shed some light?:confused3