PDA

View Full Version : Beachfront...Kennedy Space Center

cmusschoot
01-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Thinking of a family vacation in July to see a shuttle launch, I am looking for beachfront hotel/condo, I would like to be somewhat close to the Space Center, but stay at a nice hotel/condo/rental...

I am NOT familiar with the area at all so ANY advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

We are a family of 4 (possibly bringing MIL and new baby)...so we would like no smaller than a 1 bedroom suite/villa....or 2 adjoining rooms at a hotel.

Thank you SO much in advance!!!
Carrie

swillis
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
That area is called Cocoa Beach and if you want to book for a shuttle launch you should start looking asap. There are many, many private condos available for rent in that area, and there are a few hotels as well. Ron Jon has a timeshare resort there, which has condo style units. You could try to look there for a room.
Cocoa Beach is great, the beach is awesome, and there is lots to do for kids, especially if you like the outdoors. Cocoa Beach has a pretty informative website, which I would recommend you take a look at.
Good luck!
P.S.....as disappointing as it may be, the Kennedy Space Center can, and does scrap launches all the time, so you should definitely have a plan B.

cmusschoot
01-12-2010, 10:02 AM
thank you so much for the info.

We are going in with Disney/Sea World as our plan B...I am hoping to make it to at least one launch before the program is gone :)

Thank you SO much!

Janet Hill
01-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Unless the beach will be the focus of your vacation, I would stay in the Orlando area (since this is Plan B) and drive over for the launch. Sometimes you will not know until the day before that the launch is cancelled.

We've been to a launch before, but are really trying to make it to another one this year. We are so desperate that we will road trip it from Northern Virginia just for the launch, if we can get the causeway tickets.

cmusschoot
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Kinda wanted to make the beach part of our stay, we will have a car, and I think we will drive to Disney after the launch...for a few days. Much to DH dismay.

jtravisl
01-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Is this where I Dream of Jennie was based?