PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, Please BWV, BLT or BCV

BWV2001
01-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm planning an October trip for myself, dh, ds (16), dd(13) and ds (6). BWV is our home resort, and we LOVE it. However, we haven't stayed anywhere else in about 6 years. Since ds (6) has never been to SAB, we considered BCV. Also, none of us have never stayed at BLT, so that is intriguing, as well. I currently have a 2 BR Std. View at BWV, and I look forward to the size of the room and saving the points with the standard view. What do you all think? Is the monorail a big perk? We love the ability to walk to DHS and Epcot from BWV. Any advice or points for me to consider would be appreciated. :confused:

Thanks!

photobob
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Personally I like where you are staying!

dizfan
01-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I think it depends what you are looking for.

BWV is great for convenient access to both Epcot (F&W) and DHS.
BCV has a great pool and great access to Epcot (F&W). Not as convenient for DHS as BWV, but still nice.
BWV or BCV for Epcot & DHS fireworks.
BWV or BCV for BW activities and nightlife.
BWV/BCV have the Epcot and DHS restaurants.

BLT for MK (MNSSHP). From BLT it's faster to walk to MK, faster to take monorail back from MK.
BLT for MK fireworks (can see Epcot and DHS in the distance from a few locations).
BLT for lake activities.
BLT for monorail and monorail/WLV restaurants. For us, the monorail is a ride in itself, but not everyone feels that way.

To me it's a personal preference and what you will do during your vacation.

Callalily6
01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Im in the same boat for our trip. Im stuck b/t choosing BWV and BCV. I used to LOVE BWV and on our last trip we tried BCV. The sand bottom pool always caught my eye. And we LOVED it. Now Im wondering if I can have as much fun at BWV...or if I just like that pool at BCV. And it seems really silly to choose a resort b/c of the pool.

Maybe Im thinking too much like an adult? I need some Nesquick and pixie dust to make this decision. I was starting to think I should just stay 2x as long and stay at both. :banana:

disneynutz
01-10-2010, 11:55 PM
Live a little and do something different. Make it an adventure. :thumbsup2

Pick a different DVC resort each year and give them all a try. :goodvibes

:) Bill

Sandisw
01-11-2010, 06:54 AM
We love BLT because MK is our favorite park. We visit it almost every day of our trip, even if it is just for a few hours.

Having the monorail is nice to use to get to Epcot (without the bus) and walking to MK. We have a car on our trips (mostly stayed at CR before BLT) so we drive to HS and AK.

This past December, DD 13 and I went down for a quick trip and it was nice being there. We took the boat to WL to walk around and have lunch. At CR, they have a great arcade that my kids just love.

Good luck!!!

LSchrow
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM
as much as we love BWV, i say try another resort. for an october trip, your best bet would be BCV for the easy walk to the F&WF at EPCOT.

fyi, my nephews and own kids didn't care for the BCVs (we had added on there sight unseen :guilty:)....SAB gets very crowded where actual swimming is impossible, EPCOT view is of a street with a glimpse of SSE over the treetops, and the resort (lobby, hallways, etc.) can be very noisy. of course, we still had a good time just being together at WDW :)
at least we can say tried it (repeatedly) - you really don't know until you try it for yourself.
we plan on trying BLT (love the photos and feel of the resort)...i don't know if we'll love it as much as the BWVs, but i do know we will be going back and the BWVs aren't going away.
enjoy :banana:

photobob
01-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think you could go wrong with BWV or BC. I have stayed at BW twice and while I've yet to stay at BC I have stayed at YC and enjoyed it very much. For me the easy access to Epcot and DHS is more appealing than BLT's nearness to MK.

BWV2001
01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
I appreciate the advice from all. I agree with the posts that mention the lousy view from BCV. Although I do love their pool, I do remember the view we had the one time we stayed there---it wasn't much. Let me throw in 1 more question---If we stay at BLT, what view should I request? (I realize since it will be at the 7-month window, we may or may not get a room at all. But just out of curiosity, I'd like to see if anyone has stayed in a standard view that liked it. Would love to hear more!

ccigliano
01-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure if you're mind is made up but here is why I'd try BLT. The next couple of years while the resort is being sold may be your only chance to try it since it is a relatively smaller resort when compared to OKW, SSR and AKL. Once it is sold out, members will be booking at the 11 month wondow and when the 7 month window rolls around - they'll be no rooms left at the inn:confused3. I am trying BLT in May for my birthday trip:dance3: and hopefully I won't like it as much as I think. That's when your resistence can get low and you can come down with a really bad case of addonitis:sick:.

dizfan
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I appreciate the advice from all. I agree with the posts that mention the lousy view from BCV. Although I do love their pool, I do remember the view we had the one time we stayed there---it wasn't much. Let me throw in 1 more question---If we stay at BLT, what view should I request? (I realize since it will be at the 7-month window, we may or may not get a room at all. But just out of curiosity, I'd like to see if anyone has stayed in a standard view that liked it. Would love to hear more!

For an idea on BLT views, I suggest looking at work2play's thread. There are pictures from many different room categories.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
The even # standard view rooms on the north side have a partial view of the lake and a view of MK. Many people who get these north side even # rooms report watching the fireworks from their balcony.
We stayed in a Lake view room (south side even #) and loved watching all the lake activity, Epcot and DHS fireworks in the distance.