PDA

View Full Version : PGA tour at HH

capecoddisneyfamily
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
The Verizon Heritage will be happening in April when we are at HHI. I am guessing the whole area will be very busy.........Has anyone stayed during a PGA event? What can we expect

Halle
01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I was there last year. We stayed at Disney and really didn't experience any of the traffic. We did eat at restaurants at Shelter Cove and Palmeto Dunes. We didn't venture near the golf site, folks down that way said it was busy. When is the tournament this year?

dis-happy
01-10-2010, 02:47 PM
We go to the tournament every year; it's a lot of fun! Stay away from the south end of the island (where Sea Pines is) and try to eat your restaurant meals early and you shouldn't have any problems.

Macnjac87
01-11-2010, 08:06 AM
We've been to HHI during Heritage a couple of times. Traffic and crowds were fine to us-since we are from the Hamptons and have had the US Open in Southampton a few times I expected it to be worse but it wasn't anything like here.

capecoddisneyfamily
01-11-2010, 08:31 AM
i was there last year. We stayed at disney and really didn't experience any of the traffic. We did eat at restaurants at shelter cove and palmeto dunes. We didn't venture near the golf site, folks down that way said it was busy. When is the tournament this year?

4/12-4/18

WebmasterDoc
01-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Just don't plan to drive into Sea Pines, but otherwise HH is great during the Heritage. If you want to visit the tournament you can take a shuttle to Harbourtown.

In the Shelter Cove/Palmetto Dunes area where the resort is located you'll have easy access to the beach, shops and dining without encountering traffic issues associated with the tourney. Dining early or making reservations should make life easier since restaurants will be busy during that time.

Doctor P
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I concur with all the PP. We were there during the tournament and, other than some congestion around the Sea Pines Circle a couple days, you would not have even known the tournament was there in terms of crowds, etc. as long as you stayed in the Shelter Cove, Palmetto Dunes, and more northerly sections of the island.