PDA

View Full Version : Newly renovated Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Boulevard

LA1984
01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Greetings all.

I'm planning our February 20-25 trip to WDW. We like to stay in one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd because we enjoy the walking proximity to Downtown Disney.

I was on Travelocity browsing the rates for Hilton, Buena Vista Palace, and others when I stumbled across booking availability for the Holiday Inn! For those familiar with the area, it is that hotel between the Royal Plaza and the Hilton that's been stagnant since like 2004.

Well, Travelocity was giving me a rate of $75 average per night! I smelled something fishy, as the hotel did NOT offer any reviews for the hotel. I did a little research and discovered that the hotel has just finished a complete top-to-bottom $35 million renovation! And they open on February 15!

The rooms look NICE and offer two QUEEN beds per room standard. My family is inclined to give the place a shot, if for nothing else than the excellent rate they are offering.

Yet, the X factors that have me worried are:
1.) It's new and untested.
2.) Is it possible that they might push back the open date to do any amount of problems, such as staffing, etc?

I was wondering if any locals or if (ideally) the DIS staff has been receiving up-to-date information that I've been unable to dredge up on Google?

Should my family go ahead and book this hotel? :confused3

TheBlundells
01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi, the thread below should give you a view of the current situation!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2299400

LA1984
01-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks!