PDA

View Full Version : transportation to discovery cove?

Hmom
01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
We are considering a visit to Discovery Cove as part of November vacation. DH & I went on our honeymoon & loved it. Now DS wants to go. Honeymoon was 10 years ago & arranged by a travel agent. I have no clue what the arrangements were for getting to Discovery Cove from a WDW resort. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle or would we need to rent a car? We are staying at AKV.

Thanks!
Michelle

NH Disneyfan
01-10-2010, 05:08 PM
You could rent a car - Enterprise picks you up so that might be a way. I guess Alamo is Disney's preferred car rental. Remember this will likely result in parking charges at Discovery Cove and the need to fill up the tank.

You could get a taxi, but that will probably be expensive.

You should probably look at Mears - you can schedule round trip transportation and they will pick you up (at hotel and at DC) per scheduled times.

Another option is a town car or limo service, there's many out there who are sponsors for all of these sites.

Disney does not offer shuttles off property, and I doubt anyone will come get you either.

Good luck!

jpeppers
01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
If you rent a car there is no charge for parking at Discovery Cove. If you are just looking at needing transportation for that day a Taxi from the Disney area might be more convenient and close to as cheap. I'm sure you could get a cab for around $40 RT and wouldn't have to worry about car rental damages, gas or the inconvenience of getting the car and taking it back. The other good reason for a taxi would be the availability of free Beer all day at DC......need to get the most for your money.