PDA

View Full Version : At Disneyland Now

Casey's Mommie
01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
We arrived yesterday around 4. It was busy, but not crazy. I expect it to be more busy today since local APs aren't blocked.

We'll probably spend a lot of the day at Disney CA and here at the HoJos swimming.

We're here until Wednesday morning, so I'm hoping Monday and Tuesday prove to be a lot lighter!

disneydreamer74
01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Gee, from the reports I am getting it seems that there may not be any light days anymore unless it rains!!I usually go during the Summer when it is crazy busy and I actually do not mind the crowds and do either parent swap or fastpass..so not a big deal to me. This next trip is in off-season so I am anxious to see how different our experience will be!! Hope you have a blast!!:thumbsup2

godalejunior
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
I thought I read somewhere this last week several schools were still out in the area.....:confused3... I could be off on this one.

Casey's Mommie
01-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Schools were still out last week for a lot of area schools. Most if not all schools should be back starting tomorrow. The park really cleared out tonight after the fireworks. BTMR was a walk on from 9 o'clock until closing. And really, we didn't wait for anything except Indy after we got back in the parks around 6. And Indy was really only a 10 minute wait at 9:45.

Anyway, it was a good weekend to go we decided. Hopefully Monday and Tuesday will also be awesome.

aprincess@mail.com
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Hope your trip is amazing!

Leofoenget
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Gee, from the reports I am getting it seems that there may not be any light days anymore unless it rains!!I usually go during the Summer when it is crazy busy and I actually do not mind the crowds and do either parent swap or fastpass..so not a big deal to me. This next trip is in off-season so I am anxious to see how different our experience will be!! Hope you have a blast!!:thumbsup2

In addition to trying to second guess the AP blockout days, you also have to figure out when the year round schools are on and off. From what I remember hearing, everybody should be back to work and school by now, so this week should be nice, but don't forget Martin Luther King day off :headache:

DDhunter
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
There are also two 3 days weekends coming in February for most SoCal schools. Monday 2-8 and Monday 2-15.

ttds17
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
We go almost every year during Martin Luther King weekend and it's never crowded. I'm always surprised seeing as it's a 3-day weekend. In fact, last year we were only there for 2 days and by the afternoon of the second day we were all wandering around going 'what should we do now? we've done everything already.' I guess most people are recovering from Christmas and don't want to spend money on a vacation?

Mom of a *Princess*
01-12-2010, 01:18 PM
We go almost every year during Martin Luther King weekend and it's never crowded. I'm always surprised seeing as it's a 3-day weekend. In fact, last year we were only there for 2 days and by the afternoon of the second day we were all wandering around going 'what should we do now? we've done everything already.' I guess most people are recovering from Christmas and don't want to spend money on a vacation?

Glad to hear that as we arrive this Saturday. I understand there is a big convention in town, but Southern Cal AP's are blocked this weekend. Hopefully it balances out so the crowds aren't too bad.