PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist Question

NSL
01-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I am preparing for the worst that what I want will not be available, a value 2 bedroom at AKV during Christmas:lmao:. My question is this, if I have booked 2 studios and want to waitlist for a 2 bedroom, can the waitlist connect to two rooms? I am guessing that it would only be able to cancel one (not two studios) and reserve the other. My problem with this is because I would not have enough points for a studio and a 2 bedroom. I know it sounds silly, but I am trying to plan a family vacation for my immediate family and extended family that have never been to DW. I want to do as much as I can, but the fact that I am point challenged makes it more difficult.:rolleyes: And unfortunately because I just added on points I can not add on more or transfer as I am pushing the limits with my DH:rolleyes1 Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

CarolMN
01-10-2010, 11:41 AM
MS can make a note on the waitlist request that you want to cancel both studios if the 2 bedroom waitlist comes through. If the waitlist comes through, a human being actually makes your new reservation and cancels the existing reservations. So yes, that would work as long as the waitlist notes were clear..

If it were me, I'd call the day after I did the waitlist and check to be sure the instructions are clear, or better yet, I would email MS right after the call. The email needs to be very clear and should include the confirmation numbers of both studios.

Hope you get your 2 bedroom value right away and don't have to waitlist. If you call right at 11 months, you have a good chance, IMO.

NSL
01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks Carol! I will be calling at 9 a.m. or in my case 8 a.m. right at 11 months, but it is to start on Dec. 24 so that is what has me questioning the availability. Thanks again for your help, I didn't realize it was an actual person doing it, I figured it was a computer like everything else.