PDA

View Full Version : Using the DVC gyms (but not staying at a resort)?

brermatt
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Hello Everyone, I am a Member & live very close to WDW. Is it allowed to use the gym at Wilderness Lodge Villas (or any other DVC Resort) if I am not staying there? Could I just show my DVC Member Card? Thank you & Happy New Year!

LIFERBABE
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM
DVC members are not afforded any day use privileges at the resorts. You must be a guest staying on points in order to utilize resort amenities. Im sure you could pay to use the Spa or fitness centers utilizing a day pass, but it would not be free.

Hope that helps and Happy New Year!:wizard:

DebbieB
01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
According to the Portable Perks I received last month:

Fitness Center use is complimentary for Members at the Walt Disney World Resort Hotel at which they are staying and at any Disney Vacation Club Resort. Fitness Facility access does not include spa facilities.
--------------------------------------------------
The wording really isn't clear about using it at DVC Resorts when you are not staying at WDW.

Tozzie
01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think you can, every time I use the gym I have to give/show them my room key.

CarolAnnC
01-10-2010, 02:52 PM
The Portable Perks is given to DVC Members who are checking into resorts booked via MS, so it would be correct. They would be DVC resort guests, and not just DVC members who live locally.