PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom

brianheather
01-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey Everyone, I thought I would check here because you guys are the best.... We are planning a trip to the Animal Kingdom Villas, and I was curious what is the best Savannah to be at if you get a savannah view room.??

disneynutz
01-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Kidani or Jambo?

:) Bill

brianheather
01-10-2010, 02:16 PM
In either. We are not sure which one we will be at, but I'd like to know what's the best in either.

ccigliano
01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Hopping on to find out as I just booked a last minute trip to Kidani - SV. I can't wait!!

Dawn68PA
01-10-2010, 06:18 PM
We had a room in Jambo - Sunset Savannah. Wonderful! We had animals every time we looked except once in 8 days. Giraffes, ostriches, cattle and zebras. We had the rooms at the end of the wooden bridge. That was fun to walk across every day too!

forgop
01-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Maybe it's just me because I can be frugal over certain things, but I just don't get the point of spending the additional points for the savannah view. In my case, going with a standard view for 10 days in August yields me 2 more nights to have a view towards the pool compared to the savannah. If you want to sit outside your door and watch for long periods of time, great, but honestly, I can check them out at the viewing deck just fine, especially when you put a value of ~ $500 more to see them right outside your window.

ccigliano
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Maybe it's just me because I can be frugal over certain things, but I just don't get the point of spending the additional points for the savannah view. In my case, going with a standard view for 10 days in August yields me 2 more nights to have a view towards the pool compared to the savannah. If you want to sit outside your door and watch for long periods of time, great, but honestly, I can check them out at the viewing deck just fine, especially when you put a value of ~ $500 more to see them right outside your window.

That's what's great about DVC. You can get a pool view and others can get savannah views if they think the points are worth it. I for one have never been and would rather use the additional points on a savannah view as I can afford the extra points. Since we've owned DVC, we tend to spend a lot more time in the room relaxing on the balcony than we ever did before so for me the extra points are well worth it for the 6 nights. Next time I may be staying longer and not have the extra points and I can book the standard view or go to SSR or OKW or another resort all together. It really is just a matter of choice.

kespo
01-11-2010, 05:56 AM
We are staying at Kidani for the first time next month and would love a suggestion for the best SV view there.
I agree that Sunset is the best at Jambo house.:)

nytimez
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM

I'm just the opposite... I can't imagine going to AKV and not having a Savannah View.