PDA

View Full Version : paying to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?

krmlaw
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
We have an RCI trade into AKV for a one bedroom, does anyone know if i can pay to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?

Tozzie
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
We have an RCI trade into AKV for a one bedroom, does anyone know if i can pay to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?

No

Brian Noble
01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
IIRC, some folks have had success in booking a studio (either for cash or with another exchange) and asking to have them combined in a lockout. This would be a request, and will not be guaranteed---and you have to make sure that the studio unit is exactly the same type/view/building. So, if your 1BR is Standard view, don't get a Savannah view studio, or one in Jambo and the other in Kidani, because those things cannot be changed either.

Dean
01-09-2010, 07:26 PM
We have an RCI trade into AKV for a one bedroom, does anyone know if i can pay to upgrade to a 2 bedroom?You cannot upgrade the unit to a 2 BR. You could try to re-trade it with RCI paying another exchange fee (but only 1 $95 resort services fee) or as Brian said, you could find out the exact unit type and building and try to get a MATCHING studio and ask they be combined.