PDA

View Full Version : Is there a connection b/t Bay Lake Tower and the Contemperary resort?

Aaronsmom782003
01-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Wondering if there s there a connection b/t Bay Lake Tower and the Contemperary resort. We are going on a coperate promotional trip and we are staying there and I was wondering if it did have access to the monorail at the Contemp through a bridge of some kind. They are usualy good of thinking of that stuff.
If anyone has been there how are the views of the fireworks from the room and the observation deck?

extraredstuff
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, there's a walkway connecting from the 5th floor of BLT to the 4th floor of the Contemporary. It's covered, but open-air so make sure you have a coat with ya :)

disneynutz
01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
The fireworks view from your room depends on which room you have, The view from the TOTW is excellent other than the bright lights on the wall that shine back at the viewers.

:) Bill

cyndixo
01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
We stayed at BLT in Sept 09....we were on the floor that has the walkway entrance from BLT to Contemporary..AWESOME...we had a great time and its so convenient...took all of like 5 mins to go from room to the Contempo Cafe for coffee or to the monorail to go elsewhere.

Fireworks are great regardless from the balcony if you have MK view which we were in a Standard 1 bedroom but we had MK view we lucked out....so we saw fireworks from balcony and we also saw them from lounge...

GREAT PLACE AWESOME

spiceycat
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
you must be staying at BLT and a DVC member or have one in your party to use the observation/lounge at Top of the World.

the walkway is also for use of BLT guest only - it is key entry - so CR guest can't use it.

if you are paying cash for BLT - don't count on using the ToW.

if you get to TotW you will love it....

edisneydreaming
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Be very careful on the walkway in the rain. It gets very slippery. Bring rain gear with you even if you are just going over to eat - the bridge offers no protection. I really thought they would have done a better job with the connecting bridge but it looks nice and does the job (I just wish there was a dry connection between the two buildings). Have fun!

Aaronsmom782003
01-08-2010, 03:09 PM
We are as part of a radio broadcast week where our friend's station is there promoting the DVC. We went last year and had all the access of a DVC member. We stayed at the Saratoga Springs last year and thought that was living large...the thought of being able to see the fireworks each night is amazing to me. We are hoping that they want to impress the team so they give us all MK view rooms. When we found out where were staying we were excited.
Thanks for the info everyone. We are really looking foward to our trip!! As my son said today...this will be "Sweet!!!"