PDA

View Full Version : AKV Conc. Question (Safari Breakfast)

axfather
01-07-2010, 09:01 PM
How far in advance can you book this and how to you make the reserivation? DVC said I have to wait on the conc. staff to call me closer to my stay...is this right?

erionm
01-07-2010, 09:04 PM
You can call the concierge staff directly at 407-938-4755. I believe that these tours are still 90 days out.

kimberh
01-07-2010, 09:11 PM
The two times that we have done it, I did not receive a call from Concierge staff. I called them and emailed them. For some reason, the DVC reservation was not showing up. I called at the 180 day mark. It fills up fast. I know that when the 90 day dining started, we were scheduled for this stay. I called at the 180 and was told to call at 90 plus 10. Now that dining is back to 180 plus 10, I would call Concierge and find out what the booking window is.

Disneycouple99
01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
It is back to 180 days. Get a hold of them about 200 days out and they will take a CC number and book it when the window opens.

axfather
01-08-2010, 09:23 AM
as usual, the board never lets me down and you guys always know more than DVC....thanks!

thepops
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
We did that safari in December and it was great! We were out there for about an hour and a half. Lots of stopping to talk about the animals and take pictures. Our tour guide, Bethany, was wonderful.

disneynutz
01-08-2010, 12:47 PM
We went last month and never received any contact prior to our trip by the staff. We contacted them and they didn't require a deposit for the Sunrise Safari.

The safari has become so popular that they now take more that one group at a time. There were 2 groups when we went.

Maybe due to the time of year, most of the animals were not out so the safari portion of the tour was a little disappointing. The ability to ask questions and interact with the Guide was enjoyable. In the past each Guest was given a fastpass to used later in the day, that is no longer offered and it would have been a nice touch.

The buffet breakfast was very good and there was plenty of food to go around, but watch out for the Guests who go into feeding frenzy mode. :goodvibes

I am glad that we took the safari and the cost was worth it, but I doubt if we will do it again. I think that we see more animals later in the day on the regular ride.

:) Bill

NSL
01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I called concierge yesterday to book the Sunrise Safari, we are staying in July. I am still more than 180 days out, but they said they would take my information and book it at 180 days out. They do need a credit card to reserve.