PDA

View Full Version : Is there a DVC discount on the DDP?

Donna M
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
I just read on another thread that a renter can get the dining plan but not at the discount. What discount? I only saw one price. Is the dining plan and DDP two different things?

Disneycouple99
01-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Same thing. DDP=Disney Dining Plan

kimberh
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
The discount I count is we don't have to buy park tickets to get the DDP. We pay the price for the DDP that everyone else does.

Sandisw
01-07-2010, 09:27 PM
There is no discount for DVC members. But I wonder if that post was referring to the fact that a renter can get the dining plan but wouldn't qualify for a discount like free dining that is offered when someone books through DRC.

kimberh
01-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Is Free Dining being offered right now? I have seen some specials, but not that one. There is not a guarantee that they will offer it every year. To the OP... when Disney does offer Free Dining, the hotel room is at Rack Rate and you have to purchase park tickets.

Sandisw
01-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Is Free Dining being offered right now? I have seen some specials, but not that one. There is not a guarantee that they will offer it every year. To the OP... when Disney does offer Free Dining, the hotel room is at Rack Rate and you have to purchase park tickets.

No, it is not being offered right now but not everybody knows that when you travel on DVC points, renter or owner, you don't qualify for the Disney specials.

And, I just read the thread that the OP was referring to and I think that was the point being made.

ogorchock
01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
I read that getting DDP through DVC means that you don't have to pay peak rates? How much does it cost to get the basic plan? We are going at peak time and are renting through DVC. It would be great if we could save some money!

ElizabethG
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM
I read that getting DDP through DVC means that you don't have to pay peak rates? How much does it cost to get the basic plan? We are going at peak time and are renting through DVC. It would be great if we could save some money!

Yes, this is true, throughout 2010 anyway. The DDP is $41.99 for adults and $11.99 for ages 3-9.