PDA

View Full Version : Gated Communities??

drag n' fly
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Are they really necessary in a pool home? We found a pool home we really like but it is not gated. Any advice would be appreciated.:goodvibes

Purseval
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
What does a pool have to do with whether a community is gated or not?

drag n' fly
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
None

Wow Seriously?...............that was helpful. Let me re-word it.:rotfl2:

If a rental residence which may or may not have a pool is outside of a gated community is safety ever an issue? We found a rental residence which may or may not have a pool that we really like.:hippie:
That is WHY I am asking :idea:

mom2of2
01-07-2010, 05:06 PM
not quite sure if I understand what you are asking either but I will give it a shot.

Is a gated community a must? depends on the community

If you had to choose between a pool home in a non gated community and a non pool home in a gated community...I would go with the pool home

JMHO

formill
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
We've stayed in both gated and non- gated. Felt safe in both. The past villa I wished had a chain or something inside the door other than the deadbolt as I always wonder how many keys are out there with management/cleaners past renters etc. The gated one we did stay at was Ridgewood Lakes and there were people in the gate booth at all times. The owner never gave us instructions on what/how to get in the gate so the first time we just drove up......voila gate opened no questions asked.....we did this again many many times gate was always opened- there is no way they could have known who we were- we were in a rental vehicle.....then it was time for my sister and family to come for the second week- so I explained the gate thing to them.....they just drove in too.....so I guess my point is that even if there is a gate it does no good at all if they just let absolutely anyone in. It did not matter night or day at that place.
We just stayed 2 nights at seven dwarfs lane villas- a 4 bedroom condo and that place is gated- there every time the guards came out and really read the mirror tag we were given at registration.....however walkers could walk in and out no one paid any attention. I noticed at the entrance to the subdivision just before the entrance to Indian Creek (ungated where we stayed this past Christmas for 2 weeks) that it was gated yet gates seemed to just close at night.

isla bonita
01-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I think if you find a home that works for you and your family then thats the right one.