PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this problem?

meredy338
01-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I book a vacation yesterday using our brand spanking new membership...everything is fine. Today, I look DVCmember.com to view the reservation and it doesn't show up (but it did yesterday).

I called MS and they said my contract had been rewritten and vacation had been cancelled. I had a new member number and the worst part, A NEW USE YEAR!! For FEBRUARY. so, all of my 2009 points are going to expire in 3 weeks!

They were able to re-book my vacation, but I'm not happy about it or the new use year. I don't want a Feb. use year b/c that makes it difficult to book and/or travel for Oct, Nov, and Dec which is when we most travel.

I have a call in to my guide but still waiting to hear back! AARRGGGHHH!!!

ilovediznee
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Hello fellow South Carolinian,
I would call back every hour - my question is this, do you have a signed contract that has your use year? They need to give you SOME explanation and I would ask for a supervisor if your guide doesn't call you back - he or she may be out today!

At the very least, they need to give you a GOOD explanation, give you your 2009 points AND try and get something else from them for your time and inconvience.

It sounds like something got screwed up on their end big time!!!

Please update when you hear something.

Diane
Lexington, SC:thumbsup2

meredy338
01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
We got the paperwork in late December ready to sign but when we called to sign everything, the contract was messed up on their part. There needed to be two notary boxes because we are co-owners with a friend in another state. So he had to sign and be notarized separately. So we have been waiting for the updated paperwork to sign. We would've signed that day if they hadn't screwed up the paperwork!

I'm ok with the vacation in December being cancelled but ONLY b/c it was still available today. Should I be this upset about our use year not only getting changed, but getting moved 4 MONTHS EARLIER???!!!???

meredy338
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
OK, turns out someone in document prep screwed us up big time. He noted that the new paperwork had been mailed last week but never mailed it. Then, when we didn't return it (because we had never received it), they cancelled our contract and rewrote it. The guide thought the Feb use year would be a perk since we would get additional points next month but I don't like the booking/travelling/cancellation guidelines for Oct,Nov, Dec. He said they could have it changed back to June

Whewww...

hellerjw
01-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello fellow Upstate Resident!

I would be raising a big stink, especially given that the screw up occured from their lack of execution and wrong assumptions. I would be speaking with some management level folks and letting them know you expect something above and beyond for these seemingly underhanded actions. I realize their actions may have not been intentional, just incompetent, but its their responsibility to now make it right to your satisfaction.

kimberh
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Sure glad your Guide called you back. I would not want a different UY than I had signed for. That would be a biggy to me.

meredy338
01-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Wow, thanks everyone. This is has turned into a South Carolina thread. Weird!

I think everything is finally fixed only 5 hours later. Turns out, when he changed my use year back to June, it cancelled my vacation AGAIN and then it was unavailable when I called back. My guide called and put it on a guide hold, then I had to call and confirm the reservation. SO i have talked to 4 different people at MS today. At least they've all been nice and helpful.

So it looks like we might actually get to go "Home" in December. Too bad it feels like FOREVER away. I'm not used to planning this far in advance

meredy338
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Also, guide promised us Fastpasses when we come for all the trouble. That was nice and we'll be thankful for them when the time comes, I'm sure!

disneynutz
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Sorry that they put you through all of this. :grouphug:

You would think that Disney would have the process down by now, but mistakes still happen all to often. We had a similar issue with our last BLT contract, they gave us a wrong UY even after we discussed it with our Guide.

I am wondering why they are writing so many February contracts. It seems like 90% of all new contracts have a February UY. What will that do to the flow of booking and administration?

:) Bill

maburke
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
The guide thought the Feb use year would be a perk since we would get additional points next month but I don't like the booking/travelling/cancellation guidelines for Oct,Nov, Dec.

Thought it would be a perk without talking to you about it? That's just crazy. UY is too important for the guide to make a decision like that. And he should KNOW that.

disneynutz
01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Thought it would be a perk without talking to you about it? That's just crazy. UY is too important for the guide to make a decision like that. And he should KNOW that.

He does know that but Disney's wants certain UY's sold and Disney has a "if not asked, don't tell" policy.

I became aware of their policy when I cornered our old Guide and asked why he wasn't forthcoming with information before we joined the DVC. That's when he told me about their policy. :sad2:

:) Bill