PDA

View Full Version : Ground transport from MCO time

Jusacuz
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
My daughter & I are staying at the Hyatt in MCO the night before our cruise and we are using DCL transport to the ship. I was wondering if there is a certain time we needed to be at the Disney bus area the next day? What time do the buses start leaving for the port and when is the latest?

There is nothing on time listed in my documents and I know I can call and still may, but the DIS people are always a faster answer. :)

Thanks. :goodvibes

Aunt Jo
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not great at answering questions but will give it a try since no one else has responded. We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt on 3 occasions and DCL transfers work really well from there. Just tell them at the desk you are using DCL transfers and they will give you all the info you need. You will go to a designated place in the hotel lobby the next morning leaving your labeled bags behind in your room. They will be picked up and sent to the ship. You will be given a card with a Disney character and wait to be called for the bus. This is the way it was done in December 2007 and September 2009 - groups of the proper number of people to fill a bus will be led down to the parking garage where a DCL bus awaits. The first bus leaves about 9:30 (I think) and will get you to the ship before 10:30.

Jusacuz
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm not great at answering questions but will give it a try since no one else has responded. We have stayed at the MCO Hyatt on 3 occasions and DCL transfers work really well from there. Just tell them at the desk you are using DCL transfers and they will give you all the info you need. You will go to a designated place in the hotel lobby the next morning leaving your labeled bags behind in your room. They will be picked up and sent to the ship. You will be given a card with a Disney character and wait to be called for the bus. This is the way it was done in December 2007 and September 2009 - groups of the proper number of people to fill a bus will be led down to the parking garage where a DCL bus awaits. The first bus leaves about 9:30 (I think) and will get you to the ship before 10:30.

Thank you very much! That was exactly the information I was looking for. I did end up calling and got a really short answer. However, I appreciate all the extra details you gave. I hate not knowing the little things. :) I feel much less anxiety now. Thank you again. :goodvibes

kcashner
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
The first bus is scheduled to leave at 10, but in reality leaves about 9:30-9:40. The following buses leave as soon as they are reasonably full...typically every 20-30 minutes. The last bus is scheduled to leave at 2 pm, but will leave later if people who purchased DCL air are delayed in arriving. It takes about 45 minutes to get from MCO to the port.

As above, the Hyatt will give you an instruction sheet when you check in. Most people go on the first bus, but if you'd rather have a leisurely breakfast and get to the bus later, that's OK too...except that they will take your luggage early.

Aunt Jo
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
One more thing - do NOT put your DCL luggage tags on your bags until the next morning. You will have to pick them up and take them to the hotel - unless you want to have a bell hop at the hotel pick them up for you. We choose this method but only because we are both in our 80's and DH is in a wheel chair. There is a $10 surcharge but have never found where they charged us.