PDA

View Full Version : Deck 2 middle or Deck 6 back?

doubletroublemom
01-07-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm about to reserve the Dream! I've never been on a lower deck. We had really rough seas on our last cruise, and I heard it was worse on deck 2. I was wondering if I should book deck 2 in the middle of the boat. Our other option is deck 6 in the back of the boat. Any opinions? Thanks a bunch! :love:

NancyIL
01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Any midship location will feel less movement than at the very front or back of the ship. I've had a HA cabin at the very back of deck 6, and a midship cabin on deck 2 - both on the Wonder. I definitely preferred the deck 2 location for less movement, and for the close proximity to the elevators/stairs. It was a LONG walk from our cabin at the back of deck 6 to the elevators - which was a BAD place for DCL to put the HA cabins!

mmouse37
01-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm about to reserve the Dream! I've never been on a lower deck. We had really rough seas on our last cruise, and I heard it was worse on deck 2. I was wondering if I should book deck 2 in the middle of the boat. Our other option is deck 6 in the back of the boat. Any opinions? Thanks a bunch! :love:

Actually for the MV of the Dream we are booked on Deck 2 in an oceanview and then also booked the cruise right after it and for that cruise we are booked in 8504...one of the forward oceanview cabins on Deck 8 (corner cabin). I am excited to try out those larger corner Cat 9 cabins. I have never been bothered by motion in any cabin in all our cruises so that was not a deciding factor for me. I will be happy to report the differences in those two cabin sizes and locations when we sail in 2011.

I personally think Deck 2 would feel less motion.

MJ