PDA

View Full Version : Question on upgrades

downtick
01-07-2010, 07:06 AM
I have been reading the forum and I see a lot of people in a lot of different categories get upgrades. Does anyone know how their upgrade system really works? I booked a cat 12 for the may 5 magic cruise, was just wondering if they upgrade the cat 12 people first or do they just upgrade everyone everywhere. I guess it is unlikely to go from a cat 12 to say a cat 8 when there may be people in a cat 10 that don't get any upgrade at all? Not too sure how this all works.

outahere
01-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Free upgrades are completely random, and no one (at least here on the DIS) has ever been able to determine how they are done. The one upgrade that is a definite is from a cat 12 to something higher, if you have 4 people booked in your cabin. None of the cat 12 cabins sleep more than 3 people, but they do allow you to book 4 people in a cat 12.

Annabell
01-07-2010, 07:24 AM
I have read other post saying that you would probably get upgraded 3 categories at most. For example, if you book a cat12 then you could get to a cat9 but not higher. DCL would upgrade the cat9's to a higher category rather than upgrading cat12 right way up.
But as other have mentioned... don't rely on an upgrade and just book a cabin where you would be happy at.

stingmom
01-07-2010, 07:26 AM
downtick...we are on the May 5 Magic also. We booked a cat 12 GTY and will be upgraded to at least an 11 since we have 4 in our fam. The sailing still looks pretty empty, so I anticipate there will probably be a lot of happy cruisers. Just make sure you always book what you would really want to stay in, then you know you made the best choice for you.

downtick
01-07-2010, 07:30 AM
that cruise should be great! we are only 3, i got the cat 12 as well, so no automatic upgrade to an 11, but can only wait and see now.