PDA

View Full Version : Spa Villa for one...

Tinkerkell123
01-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Anyone done this recently? How did you like it? Would you do it again? What treatment did you pick and did you like it? Do you wish you had picked a different one? And I am sure this is a supremely stupid question :sad2: but what do you wear? Bathing suit? Nothing?

Could I possibly ask any more questions? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help/input!

Tinkerkell123
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Come on guys! I am sure someone has done Alone Time in a spa villa for one, right? And has an opinion? First cruise, first spa day...

MouseMomx2
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I have done it once and will do it again on our next cruise. I loved it! First there was a foot massage and then some time to relax on the chaise lounge (huge and very comfy) or in the hot tub. After that I had my treatment (a body scrub followed by a 1/2 body massage) and then there was more time on the chaise with fruit and tea.

I did it on a sea day and loved it. I wouldn't consider doing it on a port day as there would be no privacy on the balcony and I'd feel like I was on display.

Enjoy!

kcashner
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I did the villa for 2. You have a choice of several different "treatments" which will be explained to you. I had a seaweed wrap which included a massage, my DD (adult...per DCL ages) had a different massage. The deal for both of us included a foot/ankle massage, time in the whirlpool, chocolate strawberries and tea as we watched the sunset, etc.

We were instructed to bring swimsuits for the whirlpool, they provided spa robes, and we were naked for the massage portion but whatever wasn't being "done" was covered. They were quite discrete.

It was done as a treat for DD. Yes, I enjoyed it, but frankly, I wouldn't spend that amount of money normally. There were other treatments that I would have loved to have tried...but you gotta pick one!

Tinkerkell123
01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Thanks so much!

jedijill
01-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I've done it twice. First time I did a massage and second a facial. You will need to wear your swimsuit for the hot tub portion. (I schedule mine on CC days so I can look at the island and the water while I soak).

When I do it again, I will do the scrub. I love love love love love the scrub onboard. I personally find the cost of the Alone Time ($199) to be worth it considering you get almost 2 hours of pampering.

have a great time!

Jill in CO (wishing I was on the Wonder instead of in the cold!)

flexsmom
01-07-2010, 06:08 PM
This will sound totally indulgent - but on the NYE cruise, my DH and I did the Couple's time (it was my gift to him - and to me!) and then a few days later I did Alone Time! I feel guilty saying it, but as much as we enjoyed the Couple's villa to have some dedicated time alone chatting (we had 14 ppl in our party), I absolutely LOVED the Alone Time a few days later. Maybe it had something to do with being ready for some time away from the other 13! At first I was going with the 1/2 facial and 1/2 massage, but in mid-treatment we decided to go with all of the time on a back/neck massage based on chatting with the therapist. So - it was VERY fluid. I took my Kindle and read while in the jacuzzi, and then dozed on the day-bed after the treatment. I WILL do the Alone Time again when we do Alaska!

son3disfan
01-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Just booked this for our Feb cruise. Hoping to do the wrap/massage.

Didn't know you could do a half facial, half massage? Would love that. Did you just ask? I didn't see it offered. Did they offer different options when you got there?

Soooooo looking forward to this, on our last sea day!

joius24
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
LOVED IT...doing it again in April.... I usually book PALO on the same evening as the alone time (after)...for the ultimate in indulgence!

antkim
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Where do you book the couples villa? I tried to find it online but did not see it?????

THanks!!

flexsmom
01-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes, the 1/2 massage and 1/2 facial was offered. She ran over about a half dozen options and that was one of them.