PDA

View Full Version : BWV: Which view do you love?

GoofItUp
01-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I have a studio room booked at BWV for our upcoming vacation for some family that's vacationing with us. I have waitlisted BCV and am hoping that will come through so they can be nearer to us. I currently have a preferred view room booked, but I've been debating waitlisting a BW view. I know it's probably a long shot, but you never know! So, what do you love about the BW view or the PV? Is a BW view room noisy? I think sitting on the balcony in the mornings would be so cool -- just watching the world wake up and get going. But if it's a noisy room that keeps them up all night, then there wouldn't be any waking up in the morning to watch the world! So...give me your thoughts!

Blonde Princess
01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
We have stayed in Boardwalk View rooms on several occasions. It is very noisy late into the night. The crowds aren't too bad, just sometimes when jelly rolls lets out. It is the powerwashing of boardwalk and the maintenance supply crews which are really noisy late into the night. When my kids were younger it would actually wake them up and keep them up.

PVs are much more pleasant. The views of both pools are great. We had the last one bedroom villa on the second floor to the right toward the Swan and Dolphin last january. It was great. Because it was an end unit it was odd sized and the living room/kitchen room was bigger and had windows on the side. Although it was a far walk from the lobby, it was worth it. View was great, size of room was great and it was a little traveled to quiet location. Sorry I don't remember the number

Views of the quiet pool are great to, although I would request something above the first floor. You can hear the maintenance carts driving on the road behind the pools.

Hope this helps

backyardponder
01-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Standard Room Views are great too. It is nice sitting on the balcony looking at the open areas, grass, etc. We did have a view of the driveway, and it was fun watching cars, taxis, buses, etc coming and going. There was a tree next to our balcony which had dropped its leaves. We were wondering whether Disney had plans to replace it with an evergreen until spring!

tay72699
01-06-2010, 04:24 PM
We have had all 3 views. So far we like the pool/garden preferred view the best. The Boardwalk view was nice, but yes it could be a bit noisy at night depending on what was going on. And depending on when you are going the boardwalk view can be a bit warm after the sun comes up in the morning. Both times with the pool/garden view we were facing the canal and Swan & Dolphin. Didn't care too much for the standard view.

Golden Rose
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
We've had preferred and boardwalk. After all the warnings about how noisy boardwalk view could be, we were a little worried about it the first time. We absolutely love boardwalk view! I got sick during our vacation, and I could watch the fireworks and boardwalk activity from the room and not feel like I was missing all the magic.

I like preferred view just fine, but I prefer boardwalk view. We'll always try to get it, but we'll be content with preferred view if that is what is available.

Disneypirate85
01-06-2010, 05:10 PM
We prefer the "Villiage Green" View and have requested it for our ressie! Shawnpirate:

bwvBound
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Anything but the clown view! :scared1: (I really hate that pool.)

Ms.Mouse
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
We've had the BW view and the Garden view. Both were very nice but I am a person who is so excited about being at WDW that it takes me a long time into the WEE hours of the morning to be able to get to sleep. I love sitting out on the balcony watching the workers on the boardwalk and the people who hang out at the clubs walking back and forth through the late night/early morning hours.

LSchrow
01-06-2010, 05:31 PM
we've stayed with all 3 views.
now that bw view is a booking category, we always book it (if bw view isn't available, we will go another time - it's that important to us).
early morning is spent on the balcony, watching the "world" go from shades of grey to full color, smelling newly baked rolls, listening to joggers thumping along the boards and dads hushing their little ones on their way to the bakery.......
and at night, there is nothing like sitting on your balcony with a glass of wine and a loved one, watching the performers and visitors, followed by illuminations and parts of wishes.....:cloud9:
we found that bw view no more noisy than any other, excepting occassionally the arcade bells...easily quieted by closing the balcony doors (for comparison: we found BCVs to be noisy, no matter where our room was. it's harder to buffer hallway noise :headache:)

there is nothing comparable to BW view :lovestruc

Debi
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
My vote is for BW view, for all the reasons LSchrow described. :) I don't have the option to book alternate dates if BW view is unavailable (I'm a teacher and my vacation schedule is pretty inflexible), so I'm dialing MS at 8:57AM to make sure I get that view.

DVC Mike
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
We've decided that all future stays at BWV will only be in Boardwalk View rooms. We love looking out over the Boardwalk and people watching, as well as the great views of Crescent Lake and the YC/BC.

DebbieB
01-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I've had all 3. Before boardwalk view was guaranteed, I booked standard view to save points rather than gamble on getting it. But when boardwalk view became guaranteed, I have always booked it right at 11 months. The only time I had a noise problem was when we were on the second floor above Big River during the summer. People were out late talking. I always request top floor, usually get 3 or 4. I was in 4041 last month, it was the best 1 bedroom I've had. Not too far from the elevator and pretty quiet.

GoofItUp
01-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the responses, although I'm more torn about what to do now than I was before I asked! Whichever I do, I think I'll definitely request top floor. Maybe we'll all just wind up at BCV together for this trip and I can start trying out the BW views for myself next trip!

suemom2kay
01-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Is Boardwalk view considered a standard view points wise?

DVC Mike
01-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Is Boardwalk view considered a standard view points wise?

No, it's the same number of points as the preferred view.