PDA

View Full Version : Calling FL experts - need help for beach getaway post WDW trip

hookedup
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I wasn't sure which board to post this under - but this seemed like the closest match. We (me, dh and ds) are heading to WDW in July for 10 nights and then want to go to a great FL beach area for a week following.
We have no clue where to go! Thinking about Vero Beach 3 or 4 nights and somewhere else for 3 or 4 nights. Or even someplace for a whole week (esp if it's far away) we are willing to drive where ever we need to even if it's a few hours away. Any recommendations? We have Hilton and Starwood points that we can use too if anyone knows of a Hilton resort or Westin/Sheraton that you can recommend. I have read a few recommendations for Clearwater area.
Thanks!

Hendoendo
01-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Sanibel/Captiva Islands on the Gulf Coast are very nice and tropical. They are off the Coast of Fort Meyers about 3 hours south from Disney

canadianjovigirl
01-06-2010, 07:06 AM
We spent 3 days in Clearwater Beach prior to our vacation at Disney in November and would love to go back and just do a vacation there.....it was beautiful.............and you can drive to other beaches close by as well.

Indiana Rose Lee
01-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Sanibel/Captiva Islands on the Gulf Coast are very nice and tropical. They are off the Coast of Fort Meyers about 3 hours south from Disney

i was going to suggest sanibel, too. we have bags and bags and bags of seashells from there. it is our favorite beach to walk and hang on.