PDA

View Full Version : resort fee?

AUTigerFan
01-05-2010, 10:32 PM
I was reading some for rent posts on another website, and there were multiple posts (from the same person, I think) that offered different DVC resorts. The post said that there was a $100 resort fee charged by the resort for transportation from the airport and other things. I've never heard of this before. I could understand if the person renting the points added this payable to him as a hidden/false fee, but it states that the resort charges it. Is this something that renters are charged?

disneynutz
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
No

bwvBound
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
The ads listing a "resort fee" are likely attempting to rent RCI/II exchanges into DVC. This activity goes against both RCI and II membership policies and the reservation is subject to cancellation by RCI/II if found out. Proceed with extreme caution. Better yet, do NOT make contact on ads with the suspicious wording.

vicki_c
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
No, but if you use DVC points to book at a non-DVC resort you have to pay a $95 trading fee. But that's the only fee like that I know of. So it depends on what the person is offering to rent the points to use for -- if it was to use DVC points somewhere like the Poly that doesn't have DVC, it would cost $95.

There are no hidden fees for transportation or anything else. Sounds like a "renter's fee" that the owner has decided to charge and pass off as someone else's.