PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed- Changing Dates


mom2cobysyd
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
We currently have a reservation in July for BLT but have decided that we want to go during the holidays in December instead. Will it be better to cancel the July reservation all together now and then call on our 11month mark for our December trip or is it easy for MS to just cancel and rebook all in one phone call? Any advice would be helpful!

CarolMN
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
If there is no chance you will go in July, cancel that trip now. December books quickly. Even though MS could do it all one call, it's better to not "waste" time if you are booking something popular, like standard view or MK view. If you are getting lake view at 11 months, it doesn't matter.

mom2cobysyd
01-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the tip- we are going to try to get a standard view 1 bedroom (but can fall back on Lake View if need be but just didn't want to borrow additional points from the next year if we didn't have to). The only reason we would keep July would be if we could not get any reservation at all the week we want to go in December.

Crystal_27
01-06-2010, 09:25 AM
The only reason we would keep July would be if we could not get any reservation at all the week we want to go in December.

If you are using your July reservation as a fallback, then I do think that you should keep it until after you've successfully gotten what you want in December. If you cancel the July reservation now, who knows if you would be able to get it back if your December trip didn't work out. Either way, good luck!! :goodvibes

mom2cobysyd
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
What is your opinion on how hard it would be to get Dec 16-Dec 23 (standard or lakeview) at 11months out? If those that are experienced getting reservations for December think it would be hard, then I will keep July. We would also be willing to stay at a different DVC resort but I could not try for that until 7 months out.

Any thoughts??? What would any of you do in my situation?

cel_disney
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Not sure if there is enough info on BLT, but those arent the cheapest weeks so it shouldnt be impossible! especially if you call exactly on the 11 month window! You could always walk the ressie a day or two if you needed too!

We booked at our 11 month window for Dec 4th - 11th on Monday, but we wanted 1 BR Lake View so not as big a draw as Standard...

Disneycouple99
01-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I have been reading a lot of people are having to waitlist the MK view and Standard views for Dec. calling at 9:00 am at the 11 month window. It could be a problem to get the Std. view. On the other hand at 7 months it could be hard to get anything. They may have openings at SSR, OKW, or AKV but you just never know. Can you say rock and a hard palce.