PDA

View Full Version : Vibe teen club on the Dream - age question

doubletroublemom
01-05-2010, 10:58 AM
My twin daughters will be 2 weeks shy of their 14th birthday when we are planning to book on the Dream. I understand they will need their own special coded key card to access Vibe. Does anyone know if they'll make an exception to let my girls in since they'll only be 2 weeks shy of their birthday. We'll be traveling with friends with a teenager so it's important that we know ahead of time. :confused3

Thanks!!

Raven9 Studios
01-05-2010, 11:15 AM
I have heard mixed reviews I would try to add them on the website and see if it allows you

AbsyBabsy
01-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I booked the Dream for my daughter's birthday. I was told as long as she is within 30 days of her birthday she can go in either club 8-10 or 11-13.

doubletroublemom
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks. I'm not really sure if I'll want them to go to the teen club, but it's nice to know that they'll have the option. DCL wrote me and said that I could speak with the youth counselors on board.

kcashner
01-05-2010, 05:45 PM
The policy has always been that kids could move up if they were within 30 days of the birthday. The exception is The Wild Side Excursion (teen excursion) when they must be 13 by the day of the excursion (supposedly for insurance reasons).

The teen group always seems to sort itself into "younger" and "older" teens with a few of the younger ones trying to act older. We had far less trouble on the sailing when DD turned 13 in The Stack than on a later cruise at 16. It is really dependent on the group on board. We've had some great groups (the Panama crossing in particular), and some really wild ones where DD wasn't comfortable with the group. It's really a matter of who the kids are when their parents aren't watching!