PDA

View Full Version : Ship sold out?

sing4joy
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Our Feb. 11, 2010 cruise no longer appears on the DCL website on the list of options for Feb. sailings... Would there be any other reason for this other than a full ship? Then would it be an accurate assumption that there would be zero chance of upgrading on the day of sailing? Thanks :)

jilljill
01-05-2010, 10:08 AM
It's a very good possibility that it's full or it's just full for the number of people you were checking for. I'd try to do a booking again for just 2 people and see if it still doesn't show up. If still nothing most likely there will be no upgrades at the port. That's a busy weekend since it's President's Day weekend.

sing4joy
01-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply... that was my guess. The date seemed to disappear overnight... Was especially curious since we had booked a cat 12 gty and received our "cat 12" room assignment yesterday. Looks like we will embrace our assignment as a done deal now... and like many others in this scenario, just happy to just be onboard :)

jilljill
01-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reply... that was my guess. The date seemed to disappear overnight... Was especially curious since we had booked a cat 12 gty and received our "cat 12" room assignment yesterday. Looks like we will embrace our assignment as a done deal now... and like many others in this scenario, just happy to just be onboard :)

Since you rec'd your cabin assignment yesterday, did you look up your cabin number to see what cat. you were actually assigned? YOur reservation will always say cat. 12.

sing4joy
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Sure did, we are assigned to 2013 & 2015. My youngest has some middle ear abnormalities due to a craniofacial syndrome. I shared this with the TA who recommended a cabin lower deck, midship and inside. I believe she notated this on the reservation. Perhaps that ruled out the possibility of an upgrade to cat 9 off the bat. Was still wondering about possibility of a cat 10. Just hoping my little guy will be comfortable sleeping aft :)

jilljill
01-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Sure did, we are assigned to 2013 & 2015. My youngest has some middle ear abnormalities due to a craniofacial syndrome. I shared this with the TA who recommended a cabin lower deck, midship and inside. I believe she notated this on the reservation. Perhaps that ruled out the possibility of an upgrade to cat 9 off the bat. Was still wondering about possibility of a cat 10. Just hoping my little guy will be comfortable sleeping aft :)

Those cabins are forward not aft (rear of ship). Who knows if the note your TA made had any effect on your cabin assignment, but DCL assigns cabins based on needs and it could have been the cat. 9's and 10's were booked completely before needing to be filled by the cat. 12 assignments.
Enjoy your cruise.

sing4joy
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh okay, thanks for the correction :) We'll trust it will all work out for the best!

BethC1952
01-05-2010, 11:32 AM

My DH and I were in 2013 on our last cruise, and we loved it. The location is really quiet, unless you have REALLY noisy people across the hall like we did!

Beth

sing4joy
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh no! Guess you can't control that variable in any cat though... but thanks for the encouraging description, had not come across any other 2013 reviews...
Best,
Helen