PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question - Deck 1 Cabins - Will I Hate It?

Beachbumpirates
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Surprised today by my DH! Told me to book the 10/30 Western for our family. I can only get a Cat 9 on Deck 1 and am a bit nervous. How far away do you feel, do you wait forever for a lift, do you hear the motors? Please help!

mmouse37
01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Surprised today by my DH! Told me to book the 10/30 Western for our family. I can only get a Cat 9 on Deck 1 and am a bit nervous. How far away do you feel, do you wait forever for a lift, do you hear the motors? Please help!

You will get varying degrees of liking and not liking. We were on Deck 1 twice and I would not hesitate to stay there again...you do not feel far away at all. In fact it is only 2 decks down from a lot of what goes on......lifts are easy to get.

Don't worry....I doubt you will hate it. Oh and I heard the engines no more on Deck 1 than I did on Deck 2.

It is a ship....there are ship noises and the engine is one of them!

MJ

kcashner
01-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Whether you will hate it or not is largely up to you. There's nothing wrong with deck 1. You won't have long waits for a lift--after all, it can't go any lower! There are actually 2 decks of crew quarters beneath you, but the guest elevators don't go there.

If you spend your vacation wishing for a deck 7 verandah, you won't be happy. If you enjoy the fact that you are on the ship and that there is no such thing as a bad cabin on a Disney ship (with rare exceptions when something isn't right), you'll have a great cruise.

Beachbumpirates
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks so much! I never find reason to complain but we are bringing my parents along this time as they have never cruised DCL and will be celebrating their 46th Anniversary. We don't want them to complain. :))

tjbaggott
01-04-2010, 05:40 PM
So far we've cruised twice on Disney and have stayed on Deck 1 both times. In fact we loved our connected rooms so much the first time, we booked the exact same rooms for our 2nd time. We were mid ship, not far from the mid ship elevators. I found it just as easy to take the stairs as we were only two down from Guest Services and the main lobby from right there.
No noise complaints from us!

By the way, you are joining us on board for our 3rd Cruise and 1st aboard the MAGIC!!!

branv
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
We loved deck 1 -- very quiet, so little hallway noise (which tends to be the thing to wake me up more than anything else). No issues with elevators, as people are seldom riding down to that level..arrived in a timely manner, and weren't too full to board. I was a little concerned at first that we were so far away from the pools, but really it's just an elevator ride away.

Also a nice place to be when the seas are rough :thumbsup2

aiken4mickey
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I've also been on Deck 1 2X....I too thought I might be disappointed ...but, found it to be great! I had to remind/learn that you need to take midship elevator to get to cabin....I told the children that so that they wouldn't get confused about how to get to our cabin...I loved being only short distance from where alot of the action happens! Don't remember having problems with the elevator........Enjoy! Like one person said....there really isn't a bad cabin....you're on a Disney Ship! Life is very good!!

mm4mm
01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Do you know your cabin number? The link below may be of help :) or not :sad1:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm