PDA

View Full Version : crab and lobster onboard

williamson_ja
01-04-2010, 04:00 PM
We're leaving soon and my dh wants to know when and where he can get his crab legs and lobster. :confused3 I heard that there was lobster on formal night. What about at Palo? What if we end up at Palo on Formal night? When is formal night for a 7 night eastern anyway? We have Palo scheduled for Wednesday night.
What about the crab legs? Can we find them at the buffets for lunch?
Thanks for the info!!

EJ'sMom
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I would love to know this too!!!

kcashner
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
There is lobster on Thursday night on the Western. This was semi-formal night for us. We were in Palo, and the lobster was dry and unappetizing. Sorry...we didn't eat it. Even the server kind of agreed that it wasn't very good. When we didn't eat it, the server asked if it was ok. We replied that we didn't care for it, although it was beautifully presented. She commented, "It's dry and tough, right?" We hadn't said that! The filet, on the other hand, was magnificent.

We had been told that the best lobsters go to Palo...and had been previously less than thrilled with some of the lobsters in the regular restaurants.

In contrast...the lobster macaroni is good, as is the ravioli in Palo!

carmie3377
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
We recently returned from the Dec 5 Eastern. I can't answer all of your questions but I can a couple:
Formal night was on our 2nd night (Sunday)
We were told that Lobster was served on the Semi-Formal night which was Thursday but we were in Palo that night.
As far as crab legs, I didn't notice them because I don't eat them. They may have been there, but I don't know.
Hope this helps!:goodvibes

tinktwice
01-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Snow crab legs were on the buffet for lunch the day we boarded. Then there is a night that Alaskan crab legs are offered as an appetizer for dinner. And I think both are on the Palo's brunch.

hgon76
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Formal night is Sunday. Lobster is served on Thurs, which is our Palo night (did this to DH last year & he was not happy). He's not aware of it yet for this cruise but he won't be happy;). I hear crab legs are at the Palo brunch (which I didn't do last year, but I am doing it this time:thumbsup2). So DH will at least get his crab. And he looooooooved the marinated Venison :lovestruc at Animators Palate. So it's kind of a trade off:). And DH keeps saying he's going to order the lobster anyway until he gets it:rotfl:. And, funny thing is, someone will probably find it for him because it DCL & that's what they do!:lovestruc

williamson_ja
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Can you do Palo brunch and Palo dinner? We already have dinner reservations, but I wouldn't mind trying the brunch as well.

hgon76
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Can you do Palo brunch and Palo dinner? We already have dinner reservations, but I wouldn't mind trying the brunch as well.

yes, we reserved both

atinkerbellmom
01-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Snow crab legs were on the buffet for lunch the day we boarded. Then there is a night that Alaskan crab legs are offered as an appetizer for dinner. And I think both are on the Palo's brunch.

Is this new? In all of our cruises they have never been there. If so, I will have a new DCL :love:. I have only seen cold crab leg/claws at Palo brunch.

I am such a shellfish junkie that my DH asked me if I have ever met Ariel when I am Under The Sea.:lmao:

Lobster has always been on SemiFormal night. We have never decided to eat at Palo this night, but I have been told you can ask your server to get one from the main DR if you desire.:thumbsup2

jilljill
01-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Check your Navigator's to see if they are offering a seafood buffet in Parrot Cay for lunch one day. They have a nice variety of seafood if it's offered.

I've never seen snow crab legs at embarkation lunch before either, only steamed shrimp.

travelbug24
01-05-2010, 05:26 AM
In contrast...the lobster macaroni is good, as is the ravioli in Palo!

I thought it was too salty. I just ate the lobster out of it so it was the lobster not the pasta.