PDA

View Full Version : Staying Before/After PCC 2.0

OKW Lover
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM
OK, some folks have already turned their thoughts to traveling to/from PCC 2.0 and issues about when to arrive/leave as well as where to stay.

Since the cruise leaves on Sunday 12/12, I'm guessing that Val & I are going to arrive at WDW on either Friday 12/10, or more likely Saturday 12/11. On the other end, I can't see flying home on Thursday since we could stay a couple of nights and I would only have to use one more vacation day. But, we've got to get back so we can turn around and fly down to Houston for Christmas a few days later. So on the back end, we're thinking we would fly home on Saturday 12/18.

Where to stay? No doubt we will be booking OKW at the 11 month window. But I suspect there will be a DATW either before (12/11?) or after (12/17) the cruise and that a place to stay in crawling distance of Epcot would be desirable. So, we are planning on wait listing for BCV/BWV at the 7 month window.

What are others planning?

sshaw10060
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
We were just talking about this over the weekend. We were thinking about flying down on Thursday before the cruise and then fly home right after. We'll book SSR at 11 months, but I am hoping to score a room at BCV at 7 months. I had wanted to spend a few days at Universal on this trip, but that doesn't seem in the cards since vacation time is tight next year due to the 3 weeks we are spending in Europe this summer.

LocustPoint
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
We are looking to fly down on Friday staying at BLT and then going over to Universal after to take in Harry Potter. We will probably fly home on Saturday especially if the Ravens have a home football game on Sunday. I'm praying the NFL scheduling gods put the Ravens on the road on the 12th!

DVCsince02
01-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Looking to arrive on Friday, 12/10 and stay at VWL for the 2 nights before the cruise.

Then planning to stay 12/16-12/22 at BLT after the cruise.

This is just where we would like to stay. I'm sure availability is going to be a booger!

Launchpad11B
01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
PRE- Friday & Saturday BLT
POST- AKV concierge
The 17th is my birthday so we will be whooping it up!!! :thumbsup2

tlcoke
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I am at AKL from 12/4 - 12/12 then POFQ from 12/16 - 12/20. I plan on going over to see HP at Universal during some point of this trip.

OKW Lover
01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
The 17th is my birthday so we will be whooping it up!!! :thumbsup2

Noted :goodvibes

kymickeyfan717
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm looking at staying at AKV before and after. Probably come down the Friday before and leave the Saturday after. I may change to an Epcot resort at the 7 month DVC mark if available.

jen3003
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Thinking of AKL Kidani pre and post cruise. We're coming down Thursday and will go home the following Sunday.

Renysmom
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
We will be booking BLT later this week and then possibly changing it later to an Epcot resort at 7 mark for a few nights, haven't decided on that part yet.

We are heading home after we depart the ship probably, if we do stay it will only be for one night as I will need to get home and get ready for Christmas

Dodie
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
We will be coming down early Saturday morning, hopefully staying at our home DVC resort, VWL, in a studio that night.

After the cruise, we'll stay Thursday and Friday nights, probably at VWL again. but in a one bedroom. (We might switch to something different at 7 months.) We'll come home Saturday afternoon evening.

Last time, we had a meet and greet on Saturday night (at the Poly - but I doubt that would be the location again - it was dark) and DATW was on the Friday night after the cruise. That worked out great in my opinion and I'm hoping for the same!

wdwscout
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
We're planning to head down on Friday evening before- and potentially staying 2 nights at Gaylord Palms to see Ice and their Christmas decorations.
But we're waiting to see if the Podcast team plans anything "special" for before the cruise...:rolleyes1

After the cruise we are staying until Sunday, 12/19- hopefully we will get BLT at the 7 month mark. Booking VWL at 11 months to have someplace to stay.
We're up for any festivities, but we'd really like to propose either YeHaa Bob or Jellyrolls for a DIS night. :cool1:
We didn't get to do too many DIS events on this last trip- just DAP & GKTW. We're hoping to do more this next time around.

jessrose18
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
We are going down Tuesday 12/7 and rented a studio at AKV! We want to get in Harry potter/osborne lights and MVMCP before the cruise. Then we will leave right afterwards. Nice to see what everyone's plans are:goodvibes

jeanigor
01-04-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll either be coming down after work on Thurs. 12/9 or first thing Friday morning staying through the Sunday after the cruise.

Looks like AKL is gonna be it this time around.

rtobe
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm thinking of arriving late Friday (if can leave without having to take vacation) or Saturday (12/11)

After the cruise definately staying to celebrate Paul's birthday as long as he is willing to celebrate mine the next day ;) (Dec. 18th) so probably looking at 12/17-23 afterwards (gotta use the annual pass). Hopefully booking Boardwalk at 11 months but may not have enough points :sad1: (anyone want to rent me some)

georgemoe
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Will more than likely come in late on the 10th for two nights non DVC if Dreams has a Dolphin or similar deal like PCC 1.0 .

Post cruise we'll book SSR at 11 months through the 22nd or 23rd and then waitlisting AKV Kidani at 7 months. That's where Deb wants to stay next.

MinnieGarden
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
We will probably arrive late afternoon/early evening on Friday and stay until Sunday morning post cruise. We will have my mom, brother, SIL, niece, nephew, Ian, and hopefully some of Mike's family with us. Not sure where we are staying yet!

mainegal
01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
WOW! You folks stay at the high end deluxe resports! Someone on Facebook said I needed some rich friends. I think I find them in my DIS friends.

I will be down a few days on either side on PCC depending on when the airline gives me a good flight. Could be away from home up to ten days, we'll see how the schedule goes.

Could be joining Tracey, if she'll have me. Curious if Dreams will get a good rate for Swan/Dolphin.

Also want to go to Univeral, probably before the cruise. Would also like to go to Yee Ha Bob with other DISers. Also want to do the WDW theme park attractions. (lots of "alsos". Hope there is time to do "everything"!)

halliesmommy01
01-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Funny Dave and I were just discussing this tonight. I think we are leaving home on Friday and dince we decided to drive will get there Saturday morning sometime. We are waiting to see if they have a Dolphin special too. WE loved the Dolphin! We may end up there anyway. WE would leave Saturday morning so we could be home Sunday and recover. I am trying to minimize my vacation days and Hallie's missing days of school.

CinderellasSister
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
We're looking at coming down on Wednesday night, and spending till Sunday morning in Disney. SSR is our home resort, so we'll book there first, then try our luck at moving somewhere at 7 months. Don't know where yet. Thursday post cruise we'd like to take the kids to Kennedy Space Center for the first time, then a couple days at Universal, flying home that Sunday the 19th.
I'm so glad you guys started talking about this. I would've completely missed my 11 months window!:eek:

A.Mickey
01-05-2010, 12:27 AM
We are coming down Dec. 5th with Aaron. We are booking AKV at the 11th month window tomorrow and hopefully changing it to BLT at the 7 month window. Friday and Saturday nights before the cruise are up in the air, maybe Pop, Dolphin, or the Gaylord? Jason's mom is flying in sometime before the cruise and Aaron and her are staying at AKV Savannah view! It is her dream!:wizard: So we will be there with her on Thursday night after the cruise. Then we will be staying somewhere else Friday and Saturday night and going home on Sunday the 19th.

tickledtink33
01-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Coming down Thursday evening after work and staying at an Epcot resort possibly the Yacht Club and staying at the Boardwalk post cruise until Sunday. The 11 month DVC booking window is fast approaching. :)

Dodie
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Sounds like IF DATW is on Friday night after the cruise, a certain birthday boy won't have to buy himself a single drink. :thumbsup2

Dodie
01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
WOW! You folks stay at the high end deluxe resports! Someone on Facebook said I needed some rich friends. I think I find them in my DIS friends.

For most of us - it's all about DVC Lyn. That and, if the podcast team negotiates a great deal with someplace like the Swan/Dolphin for pre and post cruise like they did last year - it's hard to pass up.

georgemoe
01-05-2010, 09:29 AM
For most of us - it's all about DVC Lyn. That and, if the podcast team negotiates a great deal with someplace like the Swan/Dolphin for pre and post cruise like they did last year - it's hard to pass up.

Yup! ::yes:: DVC.

I wouldn't mind trying out Gaylord Palms! We could DIS that place out! :cool1:

kimisabella
01-05-2010, 09:37 AM
I'd definatley stay at the Swan/Dolphin if they got a great rate again like last time. I think we are going to come down on the Friday night before the cruise and probably stay till either Saturday or Sunday after.

aspen37
01-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I'll be coming down on the 7th after work I think, and will be leaving on the Sunday after the cruise. I will be at the Yacht Club before the cruise and Boardwalk after the cruise.

doconeill
01-05-2010, 10:02 AM
As much as I'd love to be on the cruise, schedule and budget say otherwise this year...but we will be blowing out our DVC points just before the cruise, so if anyone is around early enough in the week (we'll be checking out on the 9th) we'll be around.

Plutes
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
We'll actually be there the week before with my parents (and maybe a few other relatives). We arrive on Thursday, 12/2, but are checking into AKV Club Level on Sat. 12/4...WOOHOO!! :woohoo:

I don't think we'll be staying after the cruise, though. There's just too much to get done at home that time of year. I also learned my lesson with this year's trip - I need at least a day to recuperate before going back to work! :sad2:

bigmoonmullen
01-05-2010, 12:00 PM
We are planning on arriving Thursday 12/9 and heading back on 12/18. We got to get the laundry done:sad1: before heading back to work.

We will seriously consider the Dolphin if they get a good rate for before/after nights. The location is just so convenient for DATW, Osborne Lights & The Candlelight Processional.

Mark

klam_chowder
01-05-2010, 01:06 PM
We're planning to head down on Friday evening before- and potentially staying 2 nights at Gaylord Palms to see Ice and their Christmas decorations.
But we're waiting to see if the Podcast team plans anything "special" for before the cruise...:rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

We'll come down Friday nite at the latest...possibly Thurs after work depending on DH's schedule.

We'll take off first thing Sunday tho as we'll (hopefully) be spending the following week and Christmas holidaying elsewhere. :eek: :sad2: I know it's a compromise...I get a lil Disney if DH gets a lil R&R ;)

Interested in YeeHaws and a day for HP too :goodvibes

Where we stay depends on what the podcast gang puts together for accomms ... or a park bench. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

Cherinva
01-05-2010, 01:27 PM
We are planning to fly in Thursday night, staying at the airport Hyatt. The next day taking ME to the Poly for 2 nights before the cruise. We want to do some Christmas shopping in DTD, and attend MVMCP. Planning to spend Saturday at the MK, and hoping to get in a pre-cruise meet and greet somewhere. It's been 30 years since I've been to Disney at Christmas time....I can't wait.

mainegal
01-05-2010, 01:31 PM
It's been 30 years since I've been to Disney at Christmas time....I can't wait.

Despite what people say about Disney cutting back on holiday decorations, I think you will enjoy what you see very much!

parrotheadlois
01-05-2010, 02:55 PM
We're hoping to arrive on Friday, December 10th and leave on Saturday, December 18th. And, like Ros, we're hoping to stay at our home resort BCV if we have enough points. I think we do, but I'm not super positive.

OKW Lover
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Wow! A lot of you people sure do plan far ahead. ;)

Somebody should be writing all this down. :surfweb:

jcb
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
The Swan/Dolphin is my first choice but I am almost positive someone (John or Pete) on the podcast said not to expect a discounted deal there pre- and post- cruise. I'm hoping my memory is bad, however.

We will be there with or without cruise discount.

Launchpad11B
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Sounds like IF DATW is on Friday night after the cruise, a certain birthday boy won't have to buy himself a single drink. :thumbsup2

http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/3D Smiles (133).jpg (http://www.smileyshut.com/Smileys/Smiley-Huts-Free-3D-Smileys.html)

Launchpad11B
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Yup! ::yes:: DVC.

I wouldn't mind trying out Gaylord Palms! We could DIS that place out! :cool1:

We stayed there last year George. It was beautiful. :thumbsup2

mainegal
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
The Swan/Dolphin is my first choice but I am almost positive someone (John or Pete) on the podcast said not to expect a discounted deal there pre- and post- cruise.

What I think I heard, is that they would not have an offer from Swan/Dolphin until closer to sail date.

tlcoke
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM

You know the rules Jeff ;)

doconeill
01-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Just because I don't seem to have anything better to do at the moment...or maybe its because I'll be missing you guys again this year :(

http://www.oinc.net/disney/duppc.htm

This just reflects those who seemed reasonably certain of dates who posted in this thread...

maiziezoe
01-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I think we will be coming down on Friday... not sure where we are staying yet. We really enjoy Cocoa Beach so if there isn't a special room rate for the cruise, we will probably stay in CB. After the cruise, we are going to go to Disney and staying on property for a week. Then we are going to Melbourne to celebrate the holiday's with my family. I think the last time I celebrated Christmas with my grandma and grandpa was when my oldest son was 18 months... he's 21 now. :)

CinderellasSister
01-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Just because I don't seem to have anything better to do at the moment...or maybe its because I'll be missing you guys again this year :(

http://www.oinc.net/disney/duppc.htm

This just reflects those who seemed reasonably certain of dates who posted in this thread...

:worship::worship::worship:

MagicalKingdom
01-06-2010, 04:01 AM
" Happy trip to all of you guys!.."

Madi100
01-06-2010, 09:34 AM
We will be arriving on Saturday, possibly Friday before the cruise. We will be leaving right as soon as we get back. This is a HORRIBLE time for James to be taking off.

Becx N Gav
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
We will arrive on Friday 10th and stay through until the 27th or 28th (depends on costs of flights/availability). It's our only vacation this year so we thought we may as well have a nice long one :goodvibes - this would not have been possible if we weren't DVC members :thumbsup2

parrotheadlois
01-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Where are you staying? Can't wait to see you again!!!

SFBayDon
01-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Current plan is to head down on Saturday (it takes all day form this side of the country). Hoping for another deal at the Swan/Dolphin or the like. Then stay a few Disney days after the trip at a place to be determined. After PCC1.0 it was awesome to have a few days in the parks with new friends. Tentative plan to stay in Florida through the end of the month touring outside of Disney and then heading back to CA around New Years

Becx N Gav
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Where are you staying? Can't wait to see you again!!!

I know it's such a long time to wait but it will be totally worth it to see you guys and everyone else again :goodvibes

We hope to get a studio at BCV or BWV for the 2 nights before the cruise. Then afterwards we want to do a spilt stay at AKV Concierge and BLT - we're keeping our fingers crossed we can make it work, if not we'll be booking at SSR 11 months out.

georgemoe
01-06-2010, 07:22 PM
We should all camp out under the stars Saturday night. Wisked into slumber by Tuba Mike's melodies. ::yes:: That and beer! :)

briandancer
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Deb and I will be coming down on Wednesday, most likely, and staying friday night after the cruise as well. It's a rare no-kids vacation, so we're going to take advantage of it! =)

Here's hoping the Swan/Dolphin brings out a great rate for PCC 2.0.

disneyholic family
01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
i'm hoping i actually make it to the cruise this time (DS's wedding conflicted with PCC 1.0)...

up until today, i was convinced i'd be cruising alone (well - other than the 700+ Dis'rs on board), but DH started seriously talking about it today....soooooooooo.....who knows....

most likely, we'll arrive in Orlando on thursday....don't know where we'll stay....not being DVC, i don't have to plan this far out...

we'll also stay afterwards for a few days at least....DH will probably have to head out after a few days, but i might hang around...
or head to detroit for a few weeks and then come back for the marathon weekend, before i head back across the ocean...that's my latest plan..

Renysmom
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Got my BLT MK View pre cruise reservations completed this morning :banana: :banana:

On the 16th I will call and do the post cruise reservations and then on the 7 month mark see what changes I may want to make

parrotheadlois
01-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I know it's such a long time to wait but it will be totally worth it to see you guys and everyone else again :goodvibes

We hope to get a studio at BCV or BWV for the 2 nights before the cruise. Then afterwards we want to do a spilt stay at AKV Concierge and BLT - we're keeping our fingers crossed we can make it work, if not we'll be booking at SSR 11 months out.

Oooo - stay at BCV before - that's where we'll be!!!:thumbsup2

Dodie
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll be calling DVC Monday morning to book our pre-cruise night and then again on next Saturday for the post-cruise nights.

I hope everyone gets what they want.

georgemoe
01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
I'll be calling DVC Monday morning to book our pre-cruise night and then again on next Saturday for the post-cruise nights.

I hope everyone gets what they want.

Will be calling Sunday for pre-cruise and then again later in the week for post cruise. Then we need to wait until May for the waitlists. :eek:

jen3003
01-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I booked pre-cruise today at AKL Kidani Village, was able to get the dedicated 2 bedroom that I needed! (I have a few friends joining me!!!):banana::banana::banana:

shellyminnie
01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm coming over on Thursday or Friday and then staying post-cruise through Sunday. I have no idea where I'm staying yet!!

DVCsince02
01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Booked a 1br at BCV this morning for 12/10-12/12 (pre-cruise). At the 7 month mark, going to waitlist for VWL.

chirurgeon
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
At this point Hope and I will be arriving on Saturday. I'm hoping for a rate at the Swan/Dolphin. I have to leave on Friday since it is Mom's birthday (same day as Paul's, sorry Paul) and I will really need that weekend to finish up Christmas stuff.

Kim

kymickeyfan717
01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I booked AKL Jambo House Studio this morning - decided to arrive Thurs night instead. Now have to wait to the 16th to book after cruise...:cheer2:

Dodie
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
We got our VWL studio for Saturday, 12/11 (the night before the cruise) this morning! I hope we are as lucky on Saturday when I call for a VWL one bedroom for the Thursday (12/16) and Friday (12/17) nights after the cruise!

:thumbsup2

tinkbutt
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
We are thinking about staying a few days before hand at AKL

georgemoe
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Got my pre cruise studio nights booked at SSR today. The backend will happen later this week. :)

OKW Lover
01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Val & I are booked for one night pre-cruise at OKW. Have to wait until Saturday to call for the post-cruise.

mickeywatch33
01-13-2010, 04:01 PM
We are planning to come down on 12/8 and stay 4 nights at BC! We wanted our resort stay to follow the cruise rather than before it, but it looks like the rates shoot up after 12/12.

Anybody else staying in the Epcot area before PCC 2.0?

OKW Lover
01-13-2010, 05:09 PM
We are planning to come down on 12/8 and stay 4 nights at BC! We wanted our resort stay to follow the cruise rather than before it, but it looks like the rates shoot up after 12/12.

Anybody else staying in the Epcot area before PCC 2.0?

Although we currently have OKW booked, that's just to be sure we have a place. Once our DVC 7 month window opens, we're going to wait-list for BCV & BWV.

DVCsince02
01-13-2010, 07:13 PM
All these calls for waitlists, in 7 months, wonder if we can just swap ressies? I'm reserving a 1br at BCV on Satuday.

mickeywatch33
01-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Although we currently have OKW booked, that's just to be sure we have a place. Once our DVC 7 month window opens, we're going to wait-list for BCV & BWV.

Awesome!

aaronmckie
01-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Right now we are staying pre-cruise at AKV Jambo Dec. 5-10th (staying weekend at Pop to save points) and post-cruise at AKV Kidani leaving WDW Dec. 19th.

We're thinking of trying to switch at 7 months to BLT or Boardwalk pre-cruise, but we'll see how lucky we'll get. :wizard:

Becx N Gav
01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
All these calls for waitlists, in 7 months, wonder if we can just swap ressies? I'm reserving a 1br at BCV on Satuday.

Yeah, we got SSR studio for 2 nights and we're hoping to get BC or BWV at 7 months. I suspect most calls to DVC member services 7 months out will be us Diser's :rotfl:

Gonna book the max amount of days on Sat for after the cruise :cool1:

BriarRosie
01-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I've already booked my pre-cruise stay at BCV 12/10 - 12/12.
I'm calling back to book my post-cruise stay 12/16 - 12/19.

I think it would be nice to try for a different DVC location, but I don't think VWL or BLT will have availability on the 7 month window.

The good news is that I can stumble back from DATW just as easy as I did at DAP! :laughing:

farmergirl
01-14-2010, 06:57 PM
We are going Dec 1 -19th. We got Kidani booked pre PCC and staying at Coranado after PCC to save points.:)

DVCsince02
01-15-2010, 08:36 AM
I've already booked my pre-cruise stay at BCV 12/10 - 12/12.
I'm calling back to book my post-cruise stay 12/16 - 12/19.

I think it would be nice to try for a different DVC location, but I don't think VWL or BLT will have availability on the 7 month window.

The good news is that I can stumble back from DATW just as easy as I did at DAP! :laughing:

I doubt there will be availability too, but "they can't hit ya". :thumbsup2

Dodie
01-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Everybody (well - the DVCers) ready to make their big post-cruise phonecall to Member Services to reserve at their home resort tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. EST?!!! :banana:

georgemoe
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Everybody (well - the DVCers) ready to make their big post-cruise phonecall to Member Services to reserve at their home resort tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. EST?!!! :banana:

::yes::

tickledtink33
01-15-2010, 10:33 AM

I'll be calling tomorrow morning to book the Boardwalk. :banana:

parrotheadlois
01-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Bcv!

ADP
01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm waiting 7 months out. I really want a Beach Club studio for pre and post cruise stays. Hopefully, something will be available.

georgemoe
01-15-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm waiting 7 months out. I really want a Beach Club studio for pre and post cruise stays. Hopefully, something will be available.

BCV's are just awful. Don't do it. :rolleyes1

Dodie
01-15-2010, 11:33 AM

Oh! Really? Does this mean you're not going to book your home resort "just in case," so you'll have a DVC reservation? BRAVE MAN!!!!

OKW Lover
01-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Primed and ready to go!!!

sandyh67
01-16-2010, 08:17 AM
hmmmm, havent even thought of this yet for Kristen and I, is there going to be another swan/ dolphin deal? Loved those beds! Otherwise we probably should start thinking about a DVC resort huh?

Dodie
01-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Doing the "got a 1 BR at our home resort for two nights post-cruise, which is never a 'given' at VWL in December, especially with a reservation starting not on a weekend" dance!!!!

Yes. Phillip is making fun of said dance, which happened literally in the kitchen.

parrotheadlois
01-16-2010, 09:15 AM
on hold while the CM works out the intricacies of banked points and transferring points between my two memberships. i need 33 - have 36 if they all get transferred into one account - meanwhile, I wait...

OK!!! We're good to go, 2 nights before and now 2 nights after (December 16th and 17th) at BCV. Now I can relax.

Yay Dodie! Now we're both good to go!!

parrotheadlois
01-16-2010, 09:26 AM
hmmmm, havent even thought of this yet for Kristen and I, is there going to be another swan/ dolphin deal? Loved those beds! Otherwise we probably should start thinking about a DVC resort huh?

Better safe than sorry in case a Swan Dolphin deal doesn't come up. As long as you're using this year's points (nothing banked), you can always cancel with no penalty (within 30 days if I remember correctly).

wdwscout
01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Just got off the phone- successfully booked 2 studios at VWL for the 3 post cruise nights!
Makes me very happy. Dancing in my kitchen as well! :banana::banana:

I will try to switch at 7 months to BLT or BCV- but if that doesn't happen- VWL will be perfect once again! (we've spent the past 2 Christmas season vacations there)

757hokie
01-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Just got 6 nights post-cruise in a AKV 2BR! :banana:

I just love the smell of giraffes in the morning...

OKW Lover
01-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Wooo Hooo Val & I are booked for 2 nights at OKW in a 1BR post cruise. :cool1:

Now to mark our calendar for the 7 month window (that's May folks) to see if we can get BCV/BWV. :thumbsup2

cocowum
01-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I can't believe I completely forgot about booking! :headache: I was trying to be a good girl and clean up a bit before I got on the computer. I finally logged in at about 9:40 and saw Dodie's fb status. I immediately called but all the AKV concierge studios are booked. :eek: We booked a regular AKV studio and are wait listed for concierge. Hopefully something comes through. :wizard:

We might try BLT at the 7 month window :scratchin but no matter where we end up we'll be happy. :banana::banana::banana:

Only 11 more months! :dance3::cheer2::dance3::cheer2:

georgemoe
01-16-2010, 10:15 AM

Hi Sandy. I've booked two nights DVC pre 2.0 but am hoping Dreams has another Dolphin deal announced at some point.

k5jmh
01-16-2010, 10:53 AM
We rented points and are staying BLT Pre-Cruise and TBD for Post.

k5jmh
01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi Sandy. I've booked two nights DVC pre 2.0 but am hoping Dreams has another Dolphin deal announced at some point.

I am with you George. I am hoping for a Dolphin post stay. Since most of the post events will be around the EPCOT area.

DVCsince02
01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Booked a 1br at BCV for 6 days post cruise! In May I'll waitlist for a 1br at BLT.

zendisney
01-17-2010, 12:26 AM
We are staying night before and for several days after cruise...
Not sure of the where.
I know it will be on property.
We need to work on this very soon.
Carla, Gilchrist, and Lakyn
aka aka
zendisney, minniemimi52. and Lakyn

Renysmom
01-17-2010, 09:07 AM
We rented points and are staying BLT Pre-Cruise and TBD for Post.

Mike we will be pre-cruise neighbors :)

eazyeray
01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Although my family and I won't be going on the cruise, we will be there the 9th - 16th pending any great deals on other dates. We will be on the lookout for DISers with LGMH. I have to finish reading the threads to see if there's any meets before the cruise.

nmoore14
01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
I am a newer member of the Podcast, but I am going on the cruise. I plan to come down on Friday and then taking a trip to Universal after the cruise (I have never been to Universal :sad2: I know. I am a Disney fan, but my friend is meeting me at Universal (hopefully). Does anyone know of any plans from the Podcast crew?

jeanigor
01-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I am a newer member of the Podcast, but I am going on the cruise. I plan to come down on Friday and then taking a trip to Universal after the cruise (I have never been to Universal :sad2: I know. I am a Disney fan, but my friend is meeting me at Universal (hopefully). Does anyone know of any plans from the Podcast crew?

Still too far out to know anything concrete.

Dodie
01-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know of any plans from the Podcast crew?

Like Todd said, it's early, but, if it's anything like the last cruise, don't expect pre- or post-cruise plans from the actual podcast team. The events that they coordinate(d) for the cruise itself were all-consuming. Any events that happened before or after the cruise were informal events coordinated by DISers themselves, i.e., the meet the night before the cruise and the DATW on the Friday afterward (which has already been planned by the way - that post is on the main podcast board).

BriarRosie
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
It's official now. I've just booked the last part of my pre and post-cruise stays. I'll be at BCV 12/10-12/12 and back there again 12/16-12/19.

parrotheadlois
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
We're there the same days pre (12/10-12/12), but only 2 nights post (12/16-12/18)

Kitikat
01-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Staying the 11th at pop and then 16-19 at pop. Unless we can get a better "deal" somewhere else...lol:rotfl:

Launchpad11B
01-25-2010, 06:45 PM
AKV 16-19 Dec. :thumbsup2

TXYankee
01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I think DH and I will stay 3 nights post cruise. I want to stay in the Boardwalk area and need to figure out how to rent points. Any tips from my DVC friends?

Just to be safe, I booked a room at the Dolphin at $139 a night, cancellation permitted 24 hrs in advance.

jeanigor
01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
I think DH and I will stay 3 nights post cruise. I want to stay in the Boardwalk area and need to figure out how to rent points. Any tips from my DVC friends?

Just to be safe, I booked a room at the Dolphin at $139 a night, cancellation permitted 24 hrs in advance.

I'm trying to rent points for October, so I will let you know how things go. =)

TXYankee
01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm trying to rent points for October, so I will let you know how things go. =)

Thank you. You are such a sweetie!

DUHgreg
01-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Two days before, two days after, BCV. At least that's what I've been told by DW.

rtobe
01-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I booked BWV (my home) for 12/16 -12/23 ... birthday celebration on Dec. 18th -- anyone want to join me party:

OKW Lover
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I booked BWV (my home) for 12/16 -12/23 ... birthday celebration on Dec. 18th -- anyone want to join me party:

We may need to combine that with Paul's birthday on 12/17. Val & I are going to be headed home on your birthday.

jcb
02-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Reviving the thread.

We are at the Dolphin for 3 nights after cruise. Looking for something WDW owned the night or two before the cruise so we can use ME to get to the world.

mainegal
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Reviving the thread.

We are at the Dolphin for 3 nights after cruise. Looking for something WDW owned the night or two before the cruise so we can use ME to get to the world.

If you are at the Dolphin after the cruise, how will you get back to the airport without Magical Express?

jcb
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
If nothing else, hire a car (I've done it before). ME would just save us that expense on the way in.

I was hoping I could arrange for ME for the ride back, not from the Dolphin, but to return to the original resort. My research told me that won't work.

HsvTeacher
02-21-2010, 12:03 AM
We're staying at AKV (Home) Concierge from 12/16 to 12/19. We can't wait!

Cherinva
03-10-2010, 11:43 AM
We're staying at AKV (Home) Concierge from 12/16 to 12/19. We can't wait!

Awesome:cool1: We got into the Poly for 2 days before the cruise...never stayed there before and have always wanted to. Looking forward to it.

disneyholic family
06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
now that i know this is really a go, i finally made reservations for pre and post at the dolphin.

Renysmom
06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
now that i know this is really a go, i finally made reservations for pre and post at the dolphin.

See you there :)

Disneydonnam
06-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Although my family and I won't be going on the cruise, we will be there the 9th - 16th pending any great deals on other dates. We will be on the lookout for DISers with LGMH. I have to finish reading the threads to see if there's any meets before the cruise.

We won't be on the cruise either. We will be at BLT from the 5th-12th.

eazyeray
06-12-2010, 11:58 AM
The BLT, Nice. Good spot for MVMCP firework viewing.

maiziezoe
06-13-2010, 02:56 PM
My kids and I are going down on the 6th and staying at CSR... the hubby and his daughter are coming on the 11th and we are staying in Cocoa Beach (would LOVE to stay at the Dolphin/Swan but with the step-daughter coming with us, we would need two rooms)... flying home the afternoon we leave the ship.

YellowMickeyPonchos
06-14-2010, 02:20 AM
We are 1 night pre-cruise at the BWV and 3 night post-cruise at AKV-Kidani. This will be our first family trip down in quite a while. Bad luck and timing cancelled out our last couple family trips...

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

wdwscout
06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
I just noticed that our original plans (on page 1) and reality are vastly different! :cool2:

We we are REALLY doing is staying at the Grand Floridian for the 2 nights pre-cruise. Never stayed there before and we're springing for Club Level (hope the AP discounts come out soon ;)).
Post cruise we will be at BCV in a 1 bedroom (gotta do laundry!), heading home on Sunday 12/19.

Less than 6 months now- I'm getting excited!! :cool1: