PDA

View Full Version : Late Check Out

bwax
01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I am a new member (BLT) and the family is going on our first trip this March. I have one question I have not been able to find an answer to.

Is it possible to get a late check out? My youngest daughter is 2 and we would love for her to get a good nap before the flight home. Any chance for say a 2 pm check out? Has anyone had any luck with this?

extraredstuff
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I've never seen them offer or allow late checkouts. You'll need to be out of the room and checked out by 11am so that they can clean it for the next guests.

Course you could use pts for another night and then leave whenever you want on your last day, but to me that would seem wasteful.

DeadHead
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
This is a hot topic on the boards, but the bottom line from what I've read is that there is not much of a chance. Checkout is 11:00 a.m.. It has been posted before that the resorts may be able to charge you another nights points for staying later. I have no personal knowledge of this happening but other here have reported hearing that it has been done.

OKW Lover
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry, no late check out for DVC units. They are heavily booked and the person coming in after you no doubt wants to get into their unit as early as possible.

DisDaydreamer
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I concur with the others... No late check-out.

crisi
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
You can get a day room at the Hyatt MCO for a fairly reasonable rate for that nap.

Deb & Bill
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
You can get a day room at the Hyatt MCO for a fairly reasonable rate for that nap.

Or see if you can find a nice quiet place to take a short nap. If you head over to the VWL, you might find a quiet place in the Carolwood Pacific Room (formerly the Iron Spike Room).

bwax
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all the info.

That is what I thought, but wanted to confirm.

I think we will probably just let her take a nap on her Nana while we are riding bikes at WL on the last day.

Thanks again.

robertdangelo
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
You can always head to the Hall Of Presidents for a nap. :)
I fell asleep there when I was 4 years old on my 1st visit in 1972!
If you hang around the Enchanted Tiki Room(Under New Management) for a bit after the show... Once the majority of the guests have left the theater, Iago says that he's tired and plans to go take a nap in the Hall of Presidents!
All kidding aside... The Baby Care Center at MK is a quiet place too. It's located next to Crystal Palace.

kristenrice
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM
You can always head to the Hall Of Presidents for a nap. :)
I fell asleep there when I was 4 years old on my 1st visit in 1972!

Shoot...I fell asleep there this past October...at age 35:rotfl::lmao::laughing::rotfl::lmao::laughing:!

winegirl
01-06-2010, 06:31 PM
My two cents ... :goodvibes
I asked this question when we were at Kidani this past Spring. I was told that late check outs are not allowed because DVC members voted to not allow them. It helps to keep costs down for annual dues.

timandlesley
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I concur with the others : ( We have tried two times (once at AKL and once at BLT) for late check out and were denied both times.
Lesley