PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Cruise Wedding

lil_princess9089
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Hello! My fiance and I have been thinking about getting married on the Disney Wonder in 2011. I was looking for opinions on those kinds of weddings. . .has anyone ever been to one or had one?

kcashner
01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
There is a whole section of the boards devoted to Disney weddings (including cruise weddings.) Lots of good info there for you.

On our September Wonder cruise there were at least 4 weddings! Since we weren't involved in any of them, I really can't comment. On our December Magic sailing, a couple who used to be CMs on the ship were legally married at Cape Canaveral before sailing, then had a ceremonial wedding at Castaway Cay with their CM friends.

lil_princess9089
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
There is a whole section of the boards devoted to Disney weddings (including cruise weddings.) Lots of good info there for you.

On our September Wonder cruise there were at least 4 weddings! Since we weren't involved in any of them, I really can't comment. On our December Magic sailing, a couple who used to be CMs on the ship were legally married at Cape Canaveral before sailing, then had a ceremonial wedding at Castaway Cay with their CM friends.

Thank you I will check it out!

sayhello
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm going to mention this, although I'm sure you'll see it mentioned elsewhere, too. Do NOT plan to get married at one of the ports! There is *always* a chance the ship will not dock in any given port (even including Castaway Cay -- that happened last month) and then your wedding plans are ruined.

Sayhello

disneyfaninaz
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
You do realize that the Wonder will be based out of Los Angeles in 2011 and making trips to the Mexican Riviera. It will be cruising in Alaska during the summer.

If you were wanting to take a short Bahamian cruise for your wedding, you need to look at the Dream.

truck1
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
My fiance and I are getting married on the Magic on the Western in October of this year.

Ill point a few things out to you.
First, there only 3 spots availble per sailing to be married on.(Thats the 3/4/7 east coast cruises.Not sure on the double dips or the west coast)2 on the ship, deck 7 aft, and 1 on the island.The deck 7 weddings are weather permitting and are moved indoors if necessary to one of the clubs.If you are planning a wedding,the 2 best things I can suggest is to A make sure that you are talking to DCLs 1 and only wedding planner.Believe it or not, the people at the Grand Flo have no clue as to what is going on on the ships.The current person is somewhere else on property.
B.Have a few days in mind just in case.Since there are only 3 spaces available,There may not be room for your primary day, so you may have to change dates.
Here in Fl, you sign the Fl marriage lic at the term before the ship leaves port, with a notary.The ceremony at sea or CC is for show, on a different date.Your legally married before the ship even leaves port.Im going to assume that its the same on the West Coast, assuming that they have them at the start.
Anything past that, pm me or feel free to ask away.
So far, the 2 planners we have had(our original took a different job within the company) have been great.We either call with a question, or email, and we get a response back within 24 hours or so, on the email or right away if we call.Every effort has been made to make it as painless as possible.Basically besides picking the music, the guests/invites,lic,and cakes, they do it all for you.All you have to do is show up.

pinkcow
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
First off, congratulations!

There's a really excellent resource for cruise brides-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1766164

We had the best time of our lives! You can read all about it in on the link in my siggie. In my personal opinion, Castaway Cay is definitley worth the risk or rain or missed port. I loved it! On the Wonder the backup location is The Cadillac Lounge.