PDA

View Full Version : DCL House Party Sweepstakes Winners? UPDATE 1-31-10

barney4liz
01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone know who won? :confused3

Not me, obviously! :sad1: Would like to congratulate the winners, however. pixiedust:

Eeyore'sthebest
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
My DH just asked me about this yesterday. Obviously we didn't win either. :sad1:

Alice_on_WONDERland
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I am anxious to hear too!

mmouse37
01-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Didn't they already have the parties last year (Nov/Dec)? I remember a thread where people posted who won the chance to host. I thought all the parties happened already.

Edited to add.....now I see you mean who won the cruise from the sweepstakes?? right???

MJ

barney4liz
01-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Edited to add.....now I see you mean who won the cruise from the sweepstakes?? right???

MJ

yes -- I thought the sweepstakes winners were supposed to be announced by the end of December.

mmouse37
01-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Maybe, gasp.....the winners were not Disers!!! Then we would never know!!

MJ

barney4liz
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM

MJ

Well it hasn't been announced anywhere yet that I can find -- not even on the HP site. :confused:

Eeyore'sthebest
01-04-2010, 03:18 PM

MJ:scared1: That would be horrible. Bite your tongue!!! :eek:
I didn't know there were people out there that weren't dis'ers!! :lmao:

mickeyfan1
01-04-2010, 04:18 PM
So far it isn't me or anyone I gave codes to.

HallsofVA
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
The drawing was supposed to be on or about December 31st, so it's still a bit early. But I'm anxious to know as well!

poohbear luvs grumpy
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
IT WAS ME! I WON!! :cloud9: Ooh wait just let me turn off my alarm clock I must have been dreaming again.:sad2:

atinkerbellmom
01-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I do not think they have told us yet. The question is even on the HP site. I think the drawing was done the 31st but the winner was to be announced on or about 1/21. So I think we have a few more weeks to bite our nails....:upsidedow

mickeyfan1
01-04-2010, 10:55 PM
The winners have been picked, they have to sign all the legal paperwork, agreeing to the terms and all. So if you haven't been contacted, it's not you. If someone is picked and declines, then they will draw again, but that rarely happens.

jestracker
01-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Obviously, it wasn't me either, not yet anyway. The Houseparty was fun!

Alice_on_WONDERland
01-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Bump to see if there is any new info? :confused:

LiseG
01-17-2010, 02:40 AM
bump :banana:

barney4liz
01-28-2010, 11:54 AM
STILL no announcement? What's up with that?? :confused3 No winners announced yet on the HP website.

been2marceline
01-28-2010, 01:39 PM
I hosted a party as well - and I've never received any confirmation about any of my guests entries - I thought that was supposed to happen as well.

From my dealings with them - lets just say - I'm not impressed.

Amateurish at best...

barney4liz
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I hosted a party as well - and I've never received any confirmation about any of my guests entries - I thought that was supposed to happen as well

I was not aware that we would receive any confirmation of guests' entries. I have not received any.

But I do think it is odd that no winners have been announced anywhere.

barney4liz
01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
I emailed House Party customer service to see what was up with the drawing. Will let you know what they say.

DisneyManFamily4
01-29-2010, 08:32 AM
I think this is why we don't know who won. I will try to get a SASE mailed today. I'm in California, if anyone on the east coast can mail one, you'll probably get a faster response and then we can post the winners here. I got this information from the bottom of the official rules page.

"WINNER'S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Share the Magic Sweepstakes - Winner's List Request", c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 105, Irvington, NY 10533. Requests must be received by February 15, 2010."

barney4liz
01-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I think this is why we don't know who won. I will try to get a SASE mailed today. I'm in California, if anyone on the east coast can mail one, you'll probably get a faster response and then we can post the winners here. I got this information from the bottom of the official rules page.

"WINNER'S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Share the Magic Sweepstakes - Winner's List Request", c/o House Party, Inc., One Bridge Street, Suite 105, Irvington, NY 10533. Requests must be received by February 15, 2010."

I think that is standard for most sweepstakes.

For the previous House Party (in January 2008), they made a big deal out of announcing the winners on the HP site.

barney4liz
01-31-2010, 09:03 AM
This is the response I got back from HP. Wonder why it is taking so long?

'Thank you for your email. The winners are still being finalized, but they will be announced on the party website when all is said and done."

:confused3

HallsofVA
01-31-2010, 10:36 AM
I wonder if they've had to do anything different given the problems with the token distribution. I know giving everyone 75 tokens instead of 15 tokens to each host to distribute had to have changed the published odds (if there were any published, but I thought most sweepstakes are pretty well controlled in that aspect.)

mickeyfan1
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
I think they are being a lot more careful about the tax liabilties, too. If you win, they will send you a 1099 on the "Retail Value" of the cruise and all, they will use the HIGHEST price. You hae to be prepared to pay federal and state (if you have it) income taxes on that value. For 4 people, it can be costly, and it can bump you into a hight tax bracket easily. I wouldn't mind winning, but I would hate that tax bill!

tinkerone
01-31-2010, 05:08 PM
a bit off topic but.....i wasn;'t picked to host the party however i did get an email that said to expect a print as consolation. i have never received anything. anyone else get this? maybe i should ask this in its own thread....hmmmmm

CarolAnnC
01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I think they are being a lot more careful about the tax liabilties, too. If you win, they will send you a 1099 on the "Retail Value" of the cruise and all, they will use the HIGHEST price. You hae to be prepared to pay federal and state (if you have it) income taxes on that value. For 4 people, it can be costly, and it can bump you into a hight tax bracket easily. I wouldn't mind winning, but I would hate that tax bill!

I won the Doorway to Dreams one year anniversary giveaway a year ago last August and Disney very nicely paid for the taxes that I would owe as well on the trip. They gave me a check for $3500 to cover them! :banana:

barney4liz
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
a bit off topic but.....i wasn;'t picked to host the party however i did get an email that said to expect a print as consolation. i have never received anything. anyone else get this? maybe i should ask this in its own thread....hmmmmm

I think on the DCL Party Central page someone mentioned having received the print. I would email the HP customer service and ask about it.

I won the Doorway to Dreams one year anniversary giveaway a year ago last August and Disney very nicely paid for the taxes that I would owe as well on the trip. They gave me a check for $3500 to cover them! :banana:

Sweet! pixiedust:

mickeyfan1
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I won a laptop and pronter from the Mission:space contest and got a 1099.

Them giving you a check is not quite the same as paying the taxes, you have to pay taxes on that money, too. What would be better is for ythem to "goss up" the 1099, show the value of the gift and then them pay the taxes directly to the IRS and the state.

As to the print, I would be happy to get one, the party stuff was great, but a print would be nice for the Mickey room.

mammacaryn
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM

I got it. Its an 8x10 print. I got it a month or two ago.

mickeyfan1
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I got it. Its an 8x10 print. I got it a month or two ago.

We need a picture!

CSwan1
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Just went to the house party website and found this:

Friday, January 29 2010, 11:32 am

Share the Magic Sweepstakes

From the Disney Cruise Line House Party Event
.CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR CRUISE WINNERS!

Bill G– from Maryland

Robert S – from Florida

These two individuals were the lucky winners of the “Share the Mage Sweepstakes.”

We appreciate everyone’s participation in this great sweepstakes!

http://www.houseparty.com/party_talk/posts/15912

No cruise for me and I didnt get the print either.
DOUBLE BUMMER!!!:confused::headache:

barney4liz
02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Congratulations Bill and Bob!! Lucky ducks!! :goodvibes