PDA

View Full Version : Questions re: lunch at the Air Bar - Serenity Bay

tikibirds
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I have been to CC twice now and gone to Cookies. Would like to just stay at Serenity Bay and have lunch there next month, but have a couple of questions.

Can you get soft drinks free at lunch as you can at Cookies? Is there either a fish or veggie burger option? Is the variety of food overall somewhat similar?

Thanks!

jilljill
01-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes there are self-serve fountain soda machines at SB.
The variety is not as great, but is comparable and even has a couple more options on a main dish. Not sure about a fish or veggie burger, but fresh fish or sometimes lobster of some sort if offered.

tikibirds
01-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Yes there are self-serve fountain soda machines at SB.
The variety is not as great, but is comparable and even has a couple more options on a main dish. Not sure about a fish or veggie burger, but fresh fish or sometimes lobster of some sort if offered.

Great - thanks for the info! :)

stillwater
01-04-2010, 07:52 AM
tikibirds, there was a veggie burger option last time I was there (December 2008), but you had to ask for one. :thumbsup2

Pluto,
01-04-2010, 09:05 AM
yes they had a fish and veggie burger. the line is usually shorter at serenity bay.

disney1990
01-04-2010, 10:12 AM
We had mahi mahi in December at Serenity Bay. Made great sandwiches.

strangeling
01-04-2010, 10:15 AM
We always eat at Serenity Bay! We're both vegetarians and they always have veggie burgers for us - just ask =)

woody73
01-04-2010, 10:20 AM
the line is usually shorter at serenity bay.
Since there is only one line, the wait can be long. It was over 30 minutes when we went in September '09.

YMMV

Woody

DCL Repeaters
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
The line can be long at the eatery at Serenity. DCL needs to give it an official name! This past Sept. 12th cruise on the Magic appeared to be more of an adults cruise and therefore Serenity Bay was packed solid and the line (yes, only ONE line) was very, very long. We've seen this before on the May '08 WB Panama cruise and other cruises when kids are usually in school and the guests are mostly adults.

ShastaDog
01-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I was just there before Christmas and it was probably the one place that I didn't have to stand in line the whole cruise. It was cool that day, low 70's, so the crowd wasn't very big, but since it was way warmer than at home, I was having a blast! The food was good and they did have veggie burgers and other vegetarian options with the salad selections. The grilled mahi was tasty.

jilljill
01-05-2010, 12:17 AM
I've seen a couple people mention Mahi Mahi being served at SB, they also serve that at Cookies. My DD was in heaven when she was it on the buffet.

aan1701
01-05-2010, 03:05 AM
The best part of eating at the Air B.B.Q is the off the grill Rib Eyes.